After The Fall

By certainlynotjennie

Six years. Six fucking years later, the head of Trauma surgeon at Seoul General Hospital, Lisa Manoban, and R... More

A/N
Chapter One ❤️
Chapter Two ❤️
Chapter Four ❤️
Chapter Five ❤️
Chapter Six ❤️
Chapter Seven❤️
Chapter Eight ❤️
Chapter Nine❤️
Chapter Ten❤️
Chapter Eleven❤️
Chapter Twelve ❤️
Chapter Thirteen❤️
Chapter Fourteen ❤️
Chapter Fifteen ❤️
Chapter Sixteen ❤️
Chapter Seventeen ❤️
Chapter Eighteen ❤️
Chapter Nineteen ❤️
Chapter Twenty ❤️
Chapter Twenty One ❤️
Chapter Twenty Two ❤️
Chapter Twenty Three ❤️
Chapter Twenty Four ❤️
Chapter Twenty Five ❤️
Chapter Twenty Six ❤️
Chapter Twenty Seven ❤️
Chapter Twenty Eight ❤️
Chapter Twenty Nine ❤️
Chapter Thirty ❤️
Chapter Thirty One ❤️
A/N
Chapter Thirty Two ❤️
Chapter Thirty Three ❤️
Chapter Thirty Four ❤️
Chapter Thirty Five ❤️
Chapter Thirty Six ❤️
Chapter Thirty Seven ❤️
Chapter Thirty Eight ❤️
Chapter Thirty Nine ❤️
Chapter Forty ❤️
Chapter Forty One❤️
Chapter Forty Two ❤️
Chapter Forty three❤️
Chapter Forty Four❤️
Chapter Forty Five❤️
Chapter Forty Six ❤️
Chapter Forty Seven ❤️
Chapter Forty Eight ❤️
Chapter Forty Nine ❤️
Chapter Fifty ❤️
Chapter Fifty One ❤️
Chapter Fifty Two ❤️
Chapter Fifty Three ❤️
Chapter Fifty Four ❤️
Chapter Fifty Five ❤️
Chapter Fifty Six❤️
Chapter Fifty Seven❤️
Chapter Fifty Eight ❤️
Chapter Fifty Nine ❤️
Chapter Sixty ❤️
Chapter Sixty One ❤️
Chapter Sixty Two ❤️
Chapter Sixty Three❤️
Chapter Sixty Four ❤️
Chapter Sixty Five ❤️
Chapter Sixty Six ❤️
Chapter Sixty Seven 🤍
Chapter Sixty Eight 🤍
Chapter Sixty Nine 🤍
Chapter Seventy 🤍
A/N: New Story
Chapter Seventy One 🤍
Chapter Seventy Two 🤍
Final Season: Between The Fall 💙
BTF: Chapter One 💙
BTF: Chapter Two 💙
BTF: Chapter Three 💙
BTF: Chapter Four 💙
BTF: Chapter Five 💙
BTF: Chapter Six 💙
BTF: Chapter Seven 💙
BTF: Chapter Eight 💙
BTF: Chapter Nine 💙
BTF: Chapter Ten💙
BTF: Chapter Eleven 💙
BTF: Chapter Twelve 💙
BTF: Chapter Thirteen💙
BTF: Chapter Fourteen 💙
BTF: Chapter Fifteen💙
BTF: Chapter Sixteen💙
BTF: Chapter Seventeen💙
BTF: Chapter Eighteen 💙
BTF: Chapter Nineteen💙
BTF: Chapter Twenty 💙
BTF: Chapter Twenty One 💙
BTF: Chapter Twenty Two 💙
BTF: Chapter Twenty Three 💙
BTF: Chapter Twenty - four 💙
BTF: Chapter Twenty - Five 💙
BTF: Chapter Twenty - Six 💙
BTF: Chapter Twenty - Seven 💙
BTF: Chapter Twenty - Eight 💙
BTF: Chapter Twenty - Nine 💙
BTF: Chapter Thirty💙
BTF: Chapter Thirty - One 💙
BTF: Chapter Thirty - Two 💙
BTF: Chapter Thirty - Three 💙
BTF: Chapter Thirty - Four 💙
BTF: Chapter Thirty - Five💙
BTF: Chapter Thirty - Six 💙
BTF: Finale 💙

Chapter Three ❤️

933 69 12
By certainlynotjennie

"She is so rude, Rosie. Mind talking to Lisa about her style of parenting?"

Clare Park says as she shakes her head in disagreement. Sitting opposite from her seat is her youngest daughter, clothed in black tank top and blue jeans.

Her long blonde hair is twisted into a messy bun as she ignores her and sips the soup of her pho instead.

"Rosie" her mother urges. "I'm talking to you, sweetheart"

She adds again, grimacing as she doesn't receive any reactions from her daughter. When the content inside the bowl is all gone, Roseanne sighs as she looks at her mother.

The older woman passes the blonde a couple of tissues to wipe her mouth and Roseanne takes it without complaining.

"Mama, it's always hard if it's Chaeyoung we are talking about"

The idol finally states. Her voice is sour, just like her reaction now when she bites her lower lip and folds her arms to her chest, her legs crossing beneath the table they share.

"What do you mean?" Clare asks again, sounding demanding. "Honey, you're her mom. You can't let her dominate you"

"It's not even that, mama" Roseanne explains. "Chaeyoung is a sweet girl. But it's just that she has some issues within her ..."

"Not some issues" Clare says bitterly. She grabs her cup of warm tea and sips it generously. "Lots of issues, I would say"

"Fine" the idol rolls her eyes into the back of her head. "She has lots of issues and I don't know how to solve any of it. And she hates me, if that makes you feel better about what she did to you"

There is a pregnant silence before Clare decided to give the blonde a piece of her mind. "I still do not see why she'd inflict all the blames on you when it comes to the fall of your marriage"

"Don't ask me something I can't answer" the Korean puffs her cheeks before deflating them a minute later. "You think I didn't ask her that same damn question too? But like always, she refuses to answer"

"Maybe you should try harder" a fork swirls the fancy pasta before it flies all the way into the delicate, velvety mouth that belongs to none other that Clare Park. "And eventually she'll listen"

"Are we going to talk about my baby all the way till the dinner ends?"

Roseanne narrows her eyes at her mother before crossing her fork and spoon together on her plate. "Because if that's your intention, I'm not gonna stay while listening to you belittling my little baby that's obviously not here to defend herself"

"Rosie" her mom sighs. "I didn't mean it that way"

"But it felt obviously that way! Mama, you can't judge people you barely know"

"How can that be my fault?" Clare's icy voice hits Roseanne, making her skin shivers. But everyone knows, that's not going to stop Roseanne from making her own stand. "If she herself never keens at letting people in"

"Let's move on, please" the blonde pleads as she grabs her utensils again. "I'm tired and I don't to fight you, mama. Just give me a break, will you?"

Clare looks at her daughter before dragging her eyes back to her plate of pasta. "Fine" the woman nods. "We'll stop here"

"Thank you" Roseanne says gratefully as she brings a forkful of grilled salmon into her mouth and sighs contently as the said food melts almost instantly in her mouth.

🌻🌻🌻

"Chaeng"

Lisa calls as she steps into the apartment back after a non - stop 18 hours of shift. Her short, dark hair is tousled delicately, a sight effect of running her fingers through them every too often since last night until the shift ended at six in the morning today.

But there is no answer. Not even a single sound to prove to the head surgeon, that her daughter has woken up from her sleep.

"I bought your favorite breakfast" Lisa adds as she begins to untie her pants and taking her shirt off, revealing only a tight, white tank top against her lanky, perfectly built body.

But there is no answer still and Lisa shakes her head, chuckling to the fact that her Chaeyoung might be somewhere in the room, buried in the dirty laundry, snoring like a beast. After all, the daughter she raises since the divorce occurred has always been like that. .

But a moment later, before the head surgeon dives into the bathroom and under the hot, healing shower, Chaeyoung appears in the hallway. Crumpled pajamas. Messy hair.

Perfectly cute in her own version.

"Hey, love" Lisa coos, gesturing for Chaeyoung to fit herself into her arm which she did lovingly. "I missed you" comes the statement out of Chaeyoung's throat.

It makes the head surgeon smiles because Chaeyoung isn't that type of kid that expresses whatever she's feeling freely.

"I missed you too" the Thai breathes out as she kisses the top of her daughter's head. She is just 14 years old, but her height reaching up to the head surgeon's chin already.

God willing, if she follows her genes or her other mom, then she would either reach the doctor's height or the idol's. But whatever it is, Lisa just wants her to be perfectly happy with whatever is going on in life.

But Chaeyoung is always so hard to guess, almost impossible to read.

She doesn't let her guard down easily and as far as Lisa is concerned, the kid has never seen shedding tears, not since the divorce took place, years ago.

"And I bought you favorite breakfast" Lisa repeats back, letting Chaeyoung to hold her a little bit longer than usual. 

"And if you want, I can sit here with you" she gestures at their funny dining table that only hosts two chairs for both of them.

"And you can tell me whatever that you want" she steals a glance at her sleepy daughter but the kid just shakes her head, wiggling herself away from the hug.

Okay, hug time is over, the head surgeon mentally tells herself as she looks at her baby daughter that has grown up so much more than she would actually like.

"I'm alright. Just gonna lie down for a bit more" the dark - haired Korean replies as she walks in the direction of their leathered couch in the living hall before throwing herself on it, more than ready to be completely swallowed by the charcoal couch. 

Lisa giggles to herself as she watches her baby daughter for a minute more, hands resting on her hips before retreating slowly into the bathroom. 

🌻🌻🌻

When Chaeyoung woke up again, three hours later - the girl finds herself on the couch, with the sliding door that directs to the balcony is slightly unlocked, causing soft breeze to mess with her hair.

She groans in annoyance as her sleepy limbs are stretched to chase away the feeling of sleepiness.

"Mama" her hoarse voice echoes as she wipes her eyes with the heels of her palms. "Oh my god, what time is it now?" she asks herself when silence is the only answer she has received. 

Standing up lazily, her sudden movement causing her sleepy legs to jerk awake almost immediately, making the Korean almost lands on her butt on the carpeted floor. Luckily, there is a pile of unfolded clothes on the floor shielding her butt from the cold, hard floor.

"Dammit" she chuckles before standing up again and strolls lazily to the main bedroom where the head surgeon is napping after a quick Yoga session. 

"Mama"

Chaeyoung calls sleepily. "Are you gonna sleep all day long? Like I'm fine with that option but I'm starving"

She pokes Lisa in the ribs and the head surgeon hums sleepily before grabbing the comfortable grey blanket and drags it to her face. "Five minutes" she says in a babyish tone. "I'm sleepy, mom" 

"What do you mean, mom?" the Korean frowns. "Lmao, you're mom is like dead. And it's like ten years already"

If anything, Lisa squints her left eye to stare at the direction of the voice. Even in the dark, she would recognize that voice really well. "Gosh, you have a potty mouth for sure, Chaeng"

"Yeah, sure. Blame it on the genes" the girl replies, making a sarcastic air quotes with her hand.

"Not my genes obviously" Lisa rolls her eyes playfully as she stretches her limbs on the bed. "I do not have a sarcastic bone inside my body"

"Yeah, yeah whatever" the girl utters from the bathroom. "I might got it from Trump since we both share DNA"

"DNA?" the Thai rises to her feet. "Honey, you do know that you can only have the same DNA with the person that is related to you, right?"

"Of course" a series of gargling sound is heard from the bathroom before Chaeyoung finally appears back with hint of toothpaste at the corner of her lips.

"But you don't need to be biologically related to behave like assholes. Me and him are just the same brand of assholes, don't you think?"

She shrugs, walking to Lisa's closet and pulls out a hoodie and a baseball cap. "You're not an asshole, Chaeng"

Lisa yawns as she moves to wash her face. They are going to have a lunch outside today because cooking is apparently not in the list. 

"You're an angel. My little angel"

She speaks from the bathroom, making the Korean just rolls her eyes as she grabs a pair of her mom's Adidas tracksuit and wears it. "Yeah, whatever mama. I'm gonna go and wait in the living room"

🌻🌻🌻

"Do you know that Lilibear won that corrupted, nepotism award again this year?"

Chaeyoung asks with a mouthful of instant creamy pasta. They are currently having lunch in Family Mart with the head surgeon binge eating her second, extra spicy corndog. "Which award?" 

Lisa frowns as she grabs her can of beer. The girl snarls in disbelief at her mom who looks so casual. 

"Which award?"

Lisa asks again, grabbing a tissue to quickly wipe a stain of sauce on her white shirt. "Dammit, Chaeng. This thing is not gonna go away"

"I bet so" the kid replies, grabbing the beer as she sips it for a moment and winches at the way it weirdly burns her throat. "Damn, what's the hell is this? It burns my fucking throat"

"No way" Lisa shakes her head, snatching that can away from her daughter's hand. "Chaeyoung Roseanne Park, you are not supposed to sip that!"

She scolds her but the kid just laughs evilly. "Mama, god. Don't be so mad. It's just a sip" the kid reminds her as she gargles some water through her throat to clearly wipe the foul taste away. "And I don't think I'll ever drink that ever again"

"You better don't try"

Lisa warns. "Or I'm gonna be really mad, Chaeng"

"You can't be mad at me for real" Chaeyoung lifts her eyebrows teasingly. "You love me"

"Whatever"

Lisa shakes her head before pointing at the food. "Come on, let's finish the food and go back and watch some Netflix together"

"I want to watch Fifty Shades of Grey"

Chaeyoung exclaims loudly, causing a few heads in the store to turn and stare at the girl before at Lisa in a totally mocking way.

The Thai who turns red as tomatoes just facepalms herself. "Chaeng, why do you always do this to me?"

"I'm not doing anything" the teen shrugs, finishing her oden. "I'm just saying. I'd like to watch that movie with you"

"Thank you but I'll pass"

Lisa says. "And for the record, that's not the type of movie you binge watching with you parents"

"Ugh. Why?" Chaeyoung whines. "Mama, my friends said it was cool"

"No" Lisa looks at her daughter. "It's not cool and it's abusive and it's dark and you're my sweet little Chaeng. You shouldn't tainted your mind, little one"

"You're not fun"

Chaeyoung pouts, totally slouching in her seat as  head surgeon ignores her.

🌻🌻🌻

hello everyone. I hope you are enjoying the flow of this story. Do vote and comments so that I know what you think of it <3

a/n 30 votes to unlock next episode

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

75.2K 2.6K 27
Dr. Jennie Kim is one of the top surgeons in the country. She is a hard worker, kind-hearted and soft-spoken person. Little did everyone around her k...
929K 26.2K 46
*18+ warning "I-I'm your girlfriend!" "What!?! How is that possible?!" Jennie Kim goes on a business trip with her company to Yongpyong Ski Resort. L...
1.3M 41.3K 52
[COMPLETED] Jennie is a hardworking surgeon who has spent her life trying to prove herself to her family, especially to her former older sister who h...
70.2K 2.1K 31
Chaelisa + Jenlisa and Jensoo (Extremely cringe and cliché...you've been warned!) "I was captivated by this overwhelming sensation" "Is this jealousy...