Extra 26

It was getting dark the next day, and a few people left the town in a donkey cart and headed all the way to the village. Langhua Village, where the Lu family was originally located, was a little far away from the town. As they walked along, they could clearly feel the depression.

  Several neighboring villages are also sparsely populated, with only broken walls and ruins of houses washed away by the floods, while some people have built new houses in flatter places, and smoke rises from cooking stoves.

  Qiao Suiman's heart trembled when he saw it. He had never seen a famine. He had only heard about the horror of famine from the mouths of the older generation. Now that he saw it with his own eyes, his face turned pale.

  The same goes for Tang Guoer. The town is fine and there are no signs. He looks distressed. They all are like this. Mom and her eldest brother Songzi will definitely feel even more uncomfortable when they see her.

  Lu Dongqing sighed, drove the car in silence, and finally arrived at Langhua Village at noon.

  If there are still some people in other places, there is only a dead silence in Langhua Village, weeds have regenerated, and even the birds can't be seen.

  The two donkey carts were very close to each other so as not to dodge someone who suddenly jumped out. Lu Dongqing frowned and said to Lu Xuesong, "We can come tomorrow."

  Lu Xuesong nodded, he thought so too.

  The people of Langhua Village were buried deep in the mountains and forests, and it was inconvenient for Miao Lianhua and Qiao Suiman to follow them up the mountain.

  Besides, there are glutinous rice balls. It would be bad if it collides with something.

  When she returned to the house where she once lived, it was buried by weeds, and the few acres of land that she once lived in had turned into a vast ocean. Miao Lianhua sighed and returned to the carriage and stopped looking.

  Qiao Suiman hugged Tang Yuan'er tightly, the cold wind howled, and he couldn't bear to look at such a desolate scene.

  I thought it would be like the previous villages, with people coming back to live there, but the fields were completely flooded and there was no way to eat, so naturally no one came back to put down roots.

  "Go back first. Songzi and I will come tomorrow and the day after tomorrow."

  Lu Dongqing said solemnly.

  Miao Lianhua nodded, "Okay, luckily we caught up with the auspicious day, so we didn't miss anything."

  After staying in the village for nearly an hour, they returned to the inn and asked the waiter for a few buckets of hot water to soak their feet to get rid of the chill.

  After wiping Tangyuan's hands and feet and changing his diaper, Qiao Suiman knew he was hungry when he saw him stuffing his hands into his mouth, so he asked for a bowl of porridge at the inn and fed him first before continuing with Lu Dongqing and the others to sort out the day after tomorrow. Tools to be used.

  Moving the tomb was not a trivial matter. With just the two of them, it must have taken a lot of effort. After loading the incense candles, paper money, and scriptures, the fire starter, the large pottery jar, the shovel, and the long drill were put on the donkey cart, and then they went to eat with confidence.

  In the next two days, Lu Dongqing and Lu Xuesong went to the village early and were busy until the sun was almost setting before returning to the inn.