62

Qiao Suiman gave Miao Lianhua and Lu Xuesong a hundred cents respectively. They were surprised, and Lu Xuesong even refused, "Brother Xiaoman, I can't accept it. You and the eldest brother have already bought me chickens and ducks."

  "Song Zi, you have always taken care of the land at home. Your eldest brother and I feel sorry for each other, so you keep it." Qiao Suiman said with a smile.

  Lu Dongqing directly took the bunch of copper coins and stuffed them into Lu Xuesong's arms and said, "Keep it. If you want to buy chickens and ducks in the future, you can buy them."

  Miao Lianhua laughed so hard that creases appeared at the corners of her eyes. She patted Lu Xuesong's arm and said, "Just put it away as long as you told me to."

  After saying that, he said to Qiao Suiman: "I don't need mine. I still have the household expenses that were given to me earlier."

  "How can it be done? It's different." Qiao Suiman disagreed, imitating Lu Dongqing and stuffing copper coins into Miao Lianhua's hand.

  Yesterday, she followed the instructions to collect money and put in a lot of effort in washing the dishes. After dinner in the evening, it was obvious that she was very tired, but she still competed with him to wash the dishes.

  Qiao Suiman had no mother since she was a child, and grew up with Qiao Ruifeng. Now that she is being cared for so sincerely, she just wants to make a lot of money so that everyone can live a good life.

  Miao Lianhua couldn't resist, so she had to accept it. She felt very soft in her heart. This Xiao Man was a very good husband.

  They both accepted it. Qiao Suiman smiled and followed Lu Dongqing to the backyard to watch the chickens and ducks. Wind-proof straw curtains were hung around the two wooden pens. He opened the chicken coop, and the chickens were pecking in the chicken coop. The four corners of the chicken coop were specially raised, and a wooden board was placed underneath to contain chicken manure, which is also convenient for cleaning.

  "We have enough rice bran and wheat bran at home, and with the wild grass roots dug up from the mountains, we will have no problem surviving this winter," Lu Dongqing said.

  Qiao Suiman put down the straw curtain and turned to look at him, "Well, fortunately, I bought millet and wheat and grinded it myself. Not only did I save money, but I also left a lot of food for the chickens and ducks."

  The Lu family had been busy for many days in August and September, but the land was still thin. They only received a little more than half of the grain from others, which was not enough for four people.

  Lu Dongqing and Li Zheng bought 100 kilograms of rice and wheat each. Li Zheng's family had a lot of land and had to sell it to the grain dealer in the town every year. Someone from the village asked him to buy it, which saved him a lot of effort. Naturally, he was happy and gave him an extra five kilograms of brown rice for his and Qiao Suiman's happy occasion.

  These grains can yield a lot of wheat bran and rice bran, and Heijin no longer relies on these to survive. He can eat coarse steamed buns and vegetables for every meal, and the rest is more than enough to raise chickens and ducks.

  After seeing the chicken and duck, Qiao Suiman took two hundred and ten coins and went home to find Qin Yu. Lu Dongqing still had a lot of work to do. When setting up the stall, a customer took a fancy to the bamboo chairs and asked him to make a few and ask for them when he went to the next market. Qiao Suiman did not let him join him.

  When he and Hei Jin arrived home, Qiao Suiman knocked on the courtyard door, and not long after, Qiao Ruifeng came to open the door.

  Qiao Suiman looked around and saw no sign of Qin Yu, so he asked doubtfully: "Brother, where is Brother Qin Yu?"