28

The county magistrate and wealthy businessmen have all taken their seats. The master summoned the villagers from the participating villages to draw lots to determine the order. I heard that this year, there are several towns and a total of thirty villages have signed up, two more than last year. The river can accommodate up to six dragon boats. They set out together, so it would take a long time just to go through the screening. Lots were also drawn to determine the order in which each team would appear.

  Lots were drawn lively over there, and Qiao Suiman took a break here. After finishing the last two-cent bottle of perilla drink, he and Qin Yu shouted loudly: "There are no more two-cent ones, only ten are left." It's Erwen, the more ingredients it has, the better it tastes!"

  "What? This time you are worth ten cents, and you think we are being taken advantage of."

  Qiao Suiman looked at the sound and saw that it was the husband who had been wandering around to inquire about it. He asked several times about what was available but never bought or left.

  "Ah, there are only two barrels for the two-penny package. Unfortunately, the first one is sold out." Qiao Suiman explained nicely.

  "Tsk, I don't think these are any different from the two-penny ones. Why are they so expensive?" He still refused to give up.

  When Zhou Shuifen on the side saw this, she knew that this person was deliberately looking for trouble, and some people around who didn't know it started to point fingers.

  Just as she was about to choke back, Qiao Suiman said in a cold voice: "Ah, what do you mean by this? You have been here to inquire about us for a long time. You never bought it before and you only said these words after we sold out. What are your intentions?"

  "You are talking nonsense. Who is spying on you? You are shameless. You are in public all the time before you are married. Stop talking nonsense!" After being questioned by Qiao Suiman, the husband retorted in a contemptuous tone.

  "How did you know that he was not married without asking? You have magical powers and you even know this." Chen Xuesheng pointed out the errors and omissions in his words without mercy.

  There is no difference between Qiao Suiman and Qin Yu's dressing, so it is impossible for outsiders to tell from their appearance. In this case, they can only inquire about them early.

  "Bah, there's no point in asking. Even if you're married, you don't have any reason to be so public. You're an unruly little whore!"

  This was a direct curse. When Chen Ping heard this, he rolled up his sleeves and grabbed the collar of the troublemaker, "What did you say? How dare you say it again!"

  "Hitting people, beating people, beating people if they don't buy his drink, buying and selling by force in broad daylight!" The husband shouted, and many theatergoers looked at Qiao Suiman with unkind eyes. .

  "Uncle Ping, I'll take care of it."

  Qiao Suiman walked to the stall and signaled Chen Ping to let him go. Qin Yu was a little anxious, but Qiao Suiman used her eyes to signal him not to panic.

  "You said I bought and sold by force, do you have any evidence?"

  "If he catches me, doesn't that count as forceful buying and selling?"

  "That's because you scolded us!" Qiao Suiman looked around at the crowd watching the excitement, "You must have heard it too. He said that when we go out to do business, we are unruly little whores. I don't agree with that!"