23

Since the tenth day of the lunar month, Qiao Ruifeng has gone to the riverside to practice dragon boat racing for an hour every day at Mao. He has participated every year since three years ago.

  Last year, Xiahe Village was ranked third, and each member of the team received fifty kilograms of rice, which was all polished rice. At that time, the Qiao family was having a hard time, so they took the fifty kilograms of rice to the town and exchanged it for more than a hundred kilograms of brown rice. That period of time.

  "How's the field?"

  After practicing for so many days, Qiao Ruifeng and Lu Dongqing are much more familiar with each other than before. Both of them are tall, but Lu Dongqing is better. Both of them are this year's head paddlers.

  "It's okay, about 60% as good as Susukada's."

  "That's right. You have put a lot of thought into the harvest from the newly planted land."

  "No, I saw them digging mud in the river every day during that time. It was freezing and shaking, but my young body could bear it." The helmsman Liu Tian also came over to chat, and he was the father of the Liu family.

  "I'm worried about food, so I have to work hard." Lu Dongqing whispered. He still looked fierce outside, but after these few days of contact, Liu Tian also knew that this person just looks more fierce, but has a good temper. good.

  "Yes, it's not easy to work so hard just to stutter."

  Liu Tian is a generation older than them and has experienced more things. He also encountered disasters when he was young. When the wheat in the fields was about to be harvested, it rained heavily, and all became moldy and could not be sold. The price of grain outside was soaring, and there was no hope for the year. Disillusioned, he relied on the surplus grain from the previous year and went to the mountains to dig wild vegetables to survive. Eventually, the wild vegetables were gone and he could only chew tree bark.

  Later, someone was so hungry that he ate moldy wheat and died from it.

  Thinking of the past, Liu Tian's eyes flashed with darkness, "Fortunately, I survived. The days are getting better as time goes by."

  "Yeah." Lu Dongqing and Qiao Ruifeng nodded.

  "Don't you know a scholar? Why doesn't he help you?" Li Da interjected from the side.

  Most of the people in their village knew about this, and they thought the Lu family would hold on to Mr. Xiucai, but in the end they just opened up wasteland and farmed the land themselves, borrowed tools from other people to build the walls of the courtyard, and even carved things to sell in the market, just to hold it together. .

  "It's a great favor for him to help us move here. After all, we have to rely on ourselves." Lu Dongqing said lightly.

  The scholar they were talking about was his father's distant relative and childhood classmate Lu Xiang. The relationship between the two was as close as that of brothers. After Lu Xiang passed the scholar examination, he went to teach in Shuiqing Town. The relationship between the two families has not been broken. Last year, he worked for them A lot of thought has been put into the family affairs, and I lent them two taels of silver to help them make ends meet, which was enough.

  Lu Xiang's family also has expenses, so he can't always rely on him for help, otherwise no matter how good the friendship is, it will fade away. Moreover, as a man, he is destined to be the leader, so how can he just wait for others to help him.