57

At the end of autumn, the vegetation on the mountain is yellow and green, there are not many wild vegetables left, and there is no trace of fungi. Along the way, Qiao Suiman only saw three bamboo shoots, which he chopped and put into Lu Dongqing's bamboo basket.

  He and Qin Yu mainly picked camellias and cinnamon seeds today. They only carried baskets and did not carry bamboo baskets to facilitate walking around.

  Camellias can be found all over the mountain, but there aren't many of them anywhere, so you'll need to walk a little more. The hairy chestnut and hazelnut forests were deeper. The two brothers Lu Dongqing and Qiao Ruifeng took the dogs inside, while Miao Lianhua and Qiao Suiman picked flowers and fruits together.

  Qiao Suiman and Qin Yu were both familiar with this mountainous area. They knew that there were many camellias and cinnamon seeds in those places. Miao Lianhua gained a lot of knowledge by following them.

  "There used to be mountains over there, but in winter they were all bare. There weren't even many birds at first glance. Unlike here, there are such novel wild fruits." Miao Lian sighed while picking Wu Ningzi. road.

  When winter first came last year, they often looked for food in the mountains. Fortunately, they had these mountains.

  She often went here with her children to dig wild vegetables, Lu Xuesong hunted pheasants and finches, Lu Dongqing collected herbs and mushrooms, and felled trees and bamboos to make furniture to survive that period.

  "Do you rely on the mountain to eat the mountain?"

  Qiao Suiman continued: "People in the village say this is Fushan. In spring and summer, wild vegetables and fungi are luxuriant, and there are many wild flowers and fruits. There are also big wild animals deeper in the place. Some hunters brought dogs in. If they can hunt sheep, they can Sold for a dozen taels."

  However, hunting is dangerous after all. When he was too poor to take the blame, Qiao Ruifeng also thought about going into the mountains to hunt, but he had never been a disciple. All the boxing and kicking skills he knew were learned from fighting with others, and they were not comparable to professional hunters.

  Even an experienced hunter would capsize in the gutter. A few years ago, a hunter in Shanghe Village was bitten by a snake and lost half his life. Therefore, Qiao Ruifeng and Qin Yu rejected this idea as soon as it was proposed. .

  There are a lot of wild flowers and tea at the foot of the mountain and on the mountainside. It can be sold as a drink and it is safer. Now we are not poorer than before, so there is no need.

  While Qin Yu was picking bamboo shoots, he told Miao Lianhua about the feuding parents in the village. Miao Lianhua often went to the houses of other women and husbands to do embroidery work together and chatted. She found out about many things in the village, and she never stopped talking to Qin Yu.

  Qiao Suiman was concentrating on picking camellias a few feet away from them. There were many people in the village here, and there were other people digging grass roots here. He was not afraid of walking too far, not to mention that he was always within sight of Qin Yu. Place to move around.

  He and the two women who were digging grass roots nodded and smiled. They were both from the same village, and it was indispensable to meet each other. It was the most basic thing to say hello when meeting people.

  They had already dug out a basket full of fresh grass and grass roots. They knew at a glance that they were going to feed pigs and chickens and ducks, otherwise they wouldn't be able to use so much. Qiao Suiman was not familiar with these two people, but he had the impression that they also had a donkey at home, which required more fodder.