56

The next day, as expected, Qiao Suiman slept until three o'clock in the morning before getting up. Lu Dongqing was no longer in the room. He rubbed his waist and sat up.

  The quilt slid down, and the dense red marks on his chest seemed to be accusing him. The clothes were folded and placed at the foot of the bed. Qiao Suiman cursed in a low voice as he put on his clothes, "You stinking scoundrel."

  He only slept in his underwear the night before returning home!

  In the yard, Miao Lianhua was embroidering a handkerchief. She could earn nine cents by selling the handkerchiefs she embroidered to an embroidery shop in the town. The embroidery method in Yuntai Town was different from that here. The boss of the embroidery shop thought it was novel, so he gave her this handkerchief. The price, if sold well, can go up again.

  Miao Lianhua only raised her head to look at Qiao Suiman, but did not ask why she got up late, which made Qiao Suiman shy.

  "Are you up? There is porridge in the kitchen and it's still hot." She smiled.

  "I know, mother."

  The tips of Qiao Sui's ears felt hot, so she scooped water to wash her face first. The cold water was patted on her face to reduce the heat on her face.

  After cleaning his teeth with wicker, Qiao Suiman returned to the yard with a bowl of hot vegetable porridge, sat next to Miao Lianhua, and pretended to ask casually: "Mom, where is Holly?"

The corners of Miao Lianhua's lips curled up slightly, and she saw through it without saying anything. "I went up the mountain to dig mud and chop bamboo. I went to get the barrel back."

  Qiao Suiman nodded to show that he understood, and then drank the porridge in mouthfuls. The porridge was not too hot and was just right for the mouth. He finished it in a short time. He washed the bowl, took out the camellias picked the day before, and continued to dry them.

  He was supposed to go up the mountain with Lu Dongqing and pick more blackberry seeds, but he would definitely not be able to go far like this today. Qiao Suiman sighed and could no longer let him mess around and delay things.

  "Xiao Man, will you go to the mountain to pick black nuggets tomorrow?" Miao Lianhua asked.

  "Yes, we should pick more camellias before they are defeated."

  "Okay, I'll go with you two tomorrow. The chestnuts on the mountains should be growing. Let's pick up more for winter."

  "Okay, Brother Qin Yu will go too. If it gets colder in the future, I'm afraid we won't be able to pick it."

  The two of them kept chatting about the daily tasks at hand. They became more and more happy when they talked about preparing New Year's goods, as if New Year's Eve was tomorrow.

  The courtyard door was pushed open, and Lu Dongqing came back pulling the cart.

  Qiao Suiman immediately went up to meet him. Seeing that the man was panting, he could not get angry, "I'll get a bowl of water."

  Then he went to the kitchen in a hurry.

  Lu Dongqing drank several gulps before taking a breath.

  Yesterday he was having a good time but Qiao Suiman was tired. Today he did not ask Qiao Suiman to join him. He did the work of two people by himself, digging several large boxes full of yellow mud, cutting down several large bamboos, and winding It took a lot of effort to move the barrels back to Lu's house.