46

The weather has started to get cold in September, and there is always wind in the evening.

  The setting sun sprinkled on the ground, as if coated with a layer of golden powder, and also like a piece of golden satin, shining on the faces of the Chen family. Zhou Shuifen's eyes were full of reluctance as she watched Chen Xuesheng, who was sitting on the Wang family's mule and wearing a bright red wedding dress, gradually go away.

  Chen Xiansheng was his brother-in-law, and according to the custom of Hecun, he followed Chen Xuesheng until he was sent to his husband's house.

  He is young, only twelve years old. Although he usually likes to quarrel with Chen Xuesheng, the thought of his brother going out today and not being able to be at home every day as before still makes him feel uncomfortable.

  When Wang Qi was carrying Chen Xuesheng out, he hid aside and secretly wiped his tears, which made Qiao Suiman feel sad.

Zhou Shuifen's eyes were red. She knew that this was a happy event, but she still couldn't hold back her tears and turned around to wipe them away secretly.

  Some of the people invited by the Chen family went back after dinner yesterday. The closer ones, like Chen Ping's brothers' family and Zhou Shuifen's mother's family, are still here today, so they have to support the newlyweds.

  Chen Xuesheng went out and they said goodbye in twos and threes.

  Suddenly, Chen Ping and Zhou Shuifen were the only two people left in the bustling house, looking even more lonely. Qiao Suiman stayed at Chen's house for a while longer, at least until Chen Xiasheng came back.

  The wedding had been discussed with Miao Lianhua before. Qiao Ruifeng and Qin Yu sent him to Lu's house together, so as not to leave Qin Yu alone at home after Qiao Ruifeng sent him out.

  Before that, some familiar women and husbands in the village were invited to come to the house early to support the scene. Qin Yu found Zhou Shuifen, Aunt Qian, and Feng Jie. Chen Xuesheng would also come over when the time came, and everyone would just give some wedding money.

  The auspicious time for the gift from the Lu family is at the end of noon. Other villagers can just go to Qiao's house before then, and then everyone will go to the Lu's house for a wedding banquet.

  There are no elders in the Qiao family, and the Lu family is a refugee, and they don't have many relatives. Yu Ping proposed this idea. Both families agreed, and the villagers had no objections. It was also the first time for them to have such a wedding banquet. Just walk a few more steps to the left.

  While Qiao Suiman and Qin Yu sat at Chen's house for two sticks of incense, Zhou Shuifen muttered and lamented that time passed so fast. Qiao Suiman used to be like a little kitten, but she was about to get married all of a sudden.

  "This is a good thing. When you grow up, you will eventually start a family." Chen Ping said.

  "Yes, that boy Dongqing likes you. Everyone can see it. You will live a good life if you get married." Zhou Shuifen took Qiao Suiman's hand and patted it gently, her eyes filled with relief.

  Qiao Sui felt a sore nose. He had always remembered Zhou Shuifen's care for him over the years.

  "Aunt Shuifen, Brother Wang Qi also thinks highly of Xuesheng. He will definitely have meat to eat every day from now on."

  Zhou Shuifen was amused, "You kid, you talk like Brother Xue."

  After saying that, he sighed again: "Now that all of you who are supposed to have a family are married, I can be considered as living up to your mother's trust."