49

There was a faint sound of firecrackers and suonas outside, and there was a lot of joy, and there were shouts and exclamations from everyone.

  "The groom is here!"

  "Ma, mother, look! Big horse!"

  "Good boy, you are so impressive."

  The Qiao family was full of voices. Lu Dongqing rode closer and closer to the Qiao family's courtyard door. His heartbeat was thunderous. He rubbed his hands nervously, took a deep breath, tightened the reins, dismounted and ran straight to the Qiao family's door.

  "Hey, hey, it's not that easy to get in."

  Chen Ping opened his arms to stop Lu Dongqing at the door and laughed twice, "Since you want to marry our Shuang'er from Xiahe Village, you must follow our rules!"

  "Yes, if nothing else, let's drink this bowl of wine first!" Liu Tian also stopped on the other side and went to Qiao's courtyard to bring a bowl of wine.

  Qiao Ruifeng bought the wine from a neighboring village. Although several people in his family didn't like it, drinking was essential on the big day. This was always the custom in the village, so he came back with a few jars.

  Lu Dongqing understood, and said in a rich and powerful voice, "Okay!"

  Then he took the wine bowl and drank it in several sips. He turned the bowl over with his big hand and said, "Not a drop is left."

  "good!"

  "Have courage!"

  "Happy candy, happy candy, I want to eat wedding candy!"

  Luo Hongmei is a matchmaker. She came over from the Lu family today, and she brought her grandson with her. She is currently shouting for sweets, and the other children follow suit.

  "I want candy too."

  "Sugar! Sugar!"

  Chen Xiasheng, who was watching the excitement, grinned and shouted loudly: "Brother Dongqing and Brother Xiaoman have been together for a hundred years!"

  "Happy wedding!"

  "Have a baby soon!"

  A group of children chirped and shouted. Lu Dongqing threw her head back and laughed. Hearing these auspicious words, he felt so happy that he almost forgot his last name for a while.

  He said to Lu Huaqing, who had come to pick up the bride, "Brother Hua Qing, could you please give us wedding candies!"

  "Okay."

  Lu Huaqing responded, grabbed a handful of wedding candies wrapped in red paper from the basket, raised his hand, and scattered a large handful of candies.

  "Alas!"

  "So much sugar!"

  The children were in high spirits, and some adults also bent down repeatedly. The candy and gold were so expensive that they were not willing to miss it.

  "Look, is this the candy from Liao Ji in this town?" A lady who picked up the candy asked the husband next to her in surprise.

  "It's true. His products are so valuable. I remember this pattern!"

  "The Lu family really sacrifices their own money and buys expensive things."

  "The carriage has been borrowed. Tsk tsk, it's really impressive. Look, he's a scholar in town!"