38

"Did you hear that the Lu family in the west of the village is going to build a house?"

  "Why haven't you heard about it? I've seen it. Those tiles shipped from Shanghe Village, tsk tsk tsk, are all fine."

  "Why are we building a house all of a sudden? We have only been here for more than half a year, and we have raised so much money. No wonder they say that you can make a living if you have a craft. This must cost several taels of silver!"

  "Why else? She's getting married! I saw Miao Xiu Niang buying meat from Wang Butcher early in the morning a few days ago. She had good pork belly and was carrying pastries. Didn't anyone see her buying meat from Qiao Butcher later? Have you come home yet? You must have taken a fancy to Brother Renman!"

  "Really?!" The Liu family exclaimed.

  The woman sitting together under the big banyan tree nodded, "That's still fake. I saw it with my own eyes."

  "That's it." said the Liu family.

  "What, what else?" several women and husbands urged.

  "Hey, I originally wanted to tell Brother Man to my nephew, but after asking Brother Yu about it, he said that he already liked the family, but he didn't expect it to be the Lu family."

  "There's still this problem. Why didn't you talk about it earlier? Now someone else has caught up with me." Feng Jie didn't miss the excitement and joined in the chat.

  "Isn't there Qiao Chengfu earlier? How dare you, that scourge." The Liu family shook his head and said in disgust.

  "You, even eating shit can't keep up with the heat." An acquaintance of the husband laughed loudly, "Maybe he has already taken a liking to Brother Man. Wasn't it the boy from the Lu family who helped open Qiao Chengfu's coffin?" Yes, on the Dragon Boat Festival day, I saw Brother Man being bullied, and he almost beat them to death, oh my, these young people."

  "That's right. The bamboo tubes they put the drinks in were also made by the Lu family."

  "Tsk, tsk, why didn't we find out earlier? Look at these two, one is good at bamboo crafts and the other is good at making drinks. They are both very popular, so let them get together."

  The Liu family said depressedly that it was a good thing they didn't let the matchmaker come to their door. If they did come and were rejected, it would be a shame and a huge loss.

  "Didn't you see that this morning, the boys from the Qiao family and the Lu family left the village one after the other, presumably selling drinks together to make money!"

  "Isn't it about to happen?"

  "In half a year at most, I can enjoy the wedding banquet of these two families."

  As the central figures in the topic, Qiao Suiman and Lu Dongqing were indeed setting up stalls in the East Market, and they were even a little too busy.

  "Guys, wait a minute, it'll be ready soon."

  Among the noisy voices, Lu Dongqing's deep and deep voice became more and more obvious.

  "Hey, hey, I'm here first. I want two bamboo tubes in the style of the county magistrate, and two tubes of peach syrup." shouted the man at the front.

 "Dear guests, the style on the Dragon Boat Festival is gone. Now there is only the style with the same name as Yinzi, and they are equally beautiful!"

  "What? I came here specifically for that, and you told me you were done with it?!" the man said angrily.

  "The ones that day are all limited to the Dragon Boat Festival. Now these may not be available later. Why don't you take a look."