47

Time always flies by when we are busy, and before we know it, it is the end of September.

  Qiao Suiman's life is the same as usual except for having more expectations. Speaking of which, he and Lu Dongqing haven't seen each other for almost ten days, and it's hard for them to see each other again until the eighteenth next month. This is what the older generation says.

  Qiao Suiman plucked the mung beans on the dustpan and sighed. The weather has been cold recently, so the business of yinzi is not as good as before, and there are more and more yinzi stalls in the town, with more than a dozen in the East Market alone.

  Some shopkeepers were in the town and used fire to warm the drinks so that the drinks would still be warm in the hands of customers, attracting many customers to those shops. The stall owner who has been imitating him has not been seen recently. His business has always been too affected and he cannot continue.

  Bamboo tubes are not as easy to sell as before. Many people who are willing to buy have already bought them before. One person only has one mouth, and it is useless to buy too many, so Lu Dongqing has not been asked to carve bamboo tubes recently.

  It happened that Lu Dongqing was called to work in the town, and Mei Geer's future father-in-law was quite popular. When a wealthy businessman in the town visited his home, he was attracted by the bamboo house and asked people to build the bamboo house.

  It's getting cold now, and Qiao Suiman doesn't understand what these rich people are doing building bamboo houses now, but as long as they make money, it doesn't matter.

  The drinks he currently makes are perilla drink, osmanthus drink, and jasmine cooked water, but many vendors in the town make more than him. Those with capital and connections can find many other fruits, and the style alone is outstanding. Pressed one end.

  After setting up a stall last time, he realized that if he continued like this, the county magistrate's signboard would no longer be enough, and there would be more varieties. However, the drinks would still get cold after being left out for a long time, and after all, they would not be as easy to sell as when the weather was hot.

  It would be great if we could also open a shop in the town.

  Qiao Suiman sighed, this is not easy for farmers like them. It is impossible to buy a shop now. If you rent it, you will have to pay at least a few taels of silver a month. He now has less than ten taels of silver in his hand. He can rent it for half a year at most, and it is still one of those shops in a remote location.

  The more he thought about it, the more he thought about it. Qiao Suiman simply stopped thinking about it. He washed the beans with water and prepared to make mung bean porridge. There are still three days until the next time the stall is set up. Since it gets dark early these days, and the drinks are not as popular as before, only eight buckets are enough each time, so it is not as busy as before.

  Qin Yu and Qiao Ruifeng went to the neighboring village today to pick up the new quilts that they had asked someone to make. They expected to be home soon.

  Qiao Suiman's dowry was similar to that of other married couples in the village, including two new quilts, two sets of new clothes, two pairs of new shoes and a wooden box, which was actually above average.

  The money Qiao Suiman had saved before was kept by Qiao Ruifeng. The money was not a dowry and there was no reason to take it with her. It would not be too late to come back and get it when she needed it in the future.

  Qiao Suiman wasn't worried about what would happen if the money didn't come back. If his brother and Qin Yu wanted it, they wouldn't let him keep it for himself. Besides, if it weren't for his brother, he probably wouldn't be alive until now, so he would be willing to go even if he had to go.