27

While others were cheering, Qiao Suiman and Qin Yu felt thunderous in their hearts. No matter how clever their mouths were, they couldn't speak for a while.

  But the aunt who told the story asked them: "Aren't you from Xiahe Village? I remember that my husband's family named Lin is there. Don't you know?"

  Qiao Suiman choked. As a client who was said to be "stunned and fainted", he really didn't know how to answer the question.

  Qin Yu swallowed his saliva and said with a smile: "I've heard it before, that's all. Cough, cough, good fight, good fight."

  The aunt nodded with satisfaction. After saying these words, her throat was a little dry. She saw someone buying water here before, so she said, "Brother, what kind of water are you selling here and how much does it cost."

  When it came to business, Qiao Suiman came back to his senses. Most of the farmers were illiterate. It didn't matter. They didn't know each other. He grinned, and his smile was still a little unnatural. He replied: "The ones here are not too sweet, but there are some." Perilla drink and peach blossom drink are both two cents per tube, the one here with sugar and peach pulp is twelve cents, and the peach juice and green plum juice are also twelve cents."

  "Twelve cents! What kind of fairy dew is this? It's so expensive," the aunt waved her hand and said in surprise, then pointed to the drink boiled on the tip of thatch and said: "I want a tube of this, and I want the peach blossom one."

  "Okay." Qin Yu replied quickly and took the bamboo tube handed by his aunt. Many farmers are used to packing water and taking it away when they go out. Drinking water outside may cost money. This aunt's house is in He could go home and pretend to be nearby, but he still patronized their business. Qin Yu was naturally happy.

  When he said this, the onlookers also came to join in the fun at their stall. They sold a lot of drinks at once, including a dozen drinks, including a woman. My husband still prefers peach syrup and green plum syrup.

  "Is business okay?"

  The people who had gathered together to talk gradually dispersed. Lu Dongqing and Qiao Ruifeng also parked their boats and walked to their stall.

  "It's not bad. There aren't many people coming to the town," Qiao Suiman pointed at the two cans of 2-cent drinks, "These are selling well now."

  He looked at Lu Dongqing and was a little embarrassed when he remembered that he had been caught peeking at him before. "Four bamboo tubes were sold for ten cents. A scholar bought three at once. His surname is also Lu. "

  "A scholar named Lu?" Lu Dongqing raised his eyebrows. He had some guesses but was not in a hurry to confirm them. Instead, he said, "The price is up to you." It's all up to you, he said in his heart.

  "Well, they all praised you for your good carving." Qiao Suiman chuckled again, showing his neat teeth, and his eyes were bright and full of vitality, as if this was some great happy event. Lu Dongqing was dumbfounded. .

  But this didn't last long. There was a noise from the entrance of Hexi Village to the river bank, which interrupted Lu Dongqing's gaze and brought him back to his senses.

  It was the county magistrate and wealthy businessmen who arrived.

  A dozen carriages were lined up in two rows and parked on both sides. The people on the carriages were getting off one after another. The man leading the carriage was wearing reddish-brown uniform. He was in his early forties, with an easy-going but dignified expression. He was the county magistrate. .