21

Early April.

  More than half a month had passed since Qiao Chengfu's funeral. Qiao Suiman helped Qin Yu take care of the vegetable field every day. He also got a lot of copper coins from going to the market on the first day of the new year and went out to eat, drink and spend money. Now he still has six coins and sixty coins. Six coins, four of which are broken silver, and the rest are copper plates.

  Qin Yu's vegetable plot began to have a big harvest. In addition to selling it when going to the market, he also occasionally asked Qiao Ruifeng to sell some when he went to work in the town, so that he didn't have to trouble Chen Ping all the time.

  Less than a month after the funeral, Qiao Sui couldn't go to Chen's house, and Chen Xuesheng couldn't go to his house to play. The two could only talk outside or make appointments to go to the mountains to pick wild vegetables together.

  On Chen Xue's birthday, Zhou Shuifen urged her to sew a wedding dress. Every time she and Qiao Sui Man got together, there was always endless bitterness. They were either pricked by needles or the seams were crooked, which made Qiao Sui Man laugh.

  Qiao Ruifeng was taking care of the paddy field. The wheat in the dry land was growing well and the grains were plump. After harvesting at the end of the month, new wheat would be available. They discussed that some of this year's wheat should be kept and ground into fine flour to be eaten during the Dragon Boat Festival.

 Everything is developing in a good direction, and the days are getting more promising, but it's a pity that there is still not much money.

  Although Yinzi still sells well during the market, you can only get thirty or fifty coins at a time. It will take a long time to get back the original one or two.

  Lu Dongqing's toy bamboo hairpins were all selling well. Qiao Suiman noticed when he went to the market that even the pen pendants that were not sold last time were bought by a few scholars who had to wander around the market.

  He has some vague ideas in his mind, but they haven't been formed yet. He has been thinking about this recently when he has nothing to do.

  The Dragon Boat Festival is a few days after the wheat harvest. Shuiqing Town is close to the Qinglong River. In previous years, the dragon boat race would be held in the villages along the river. The year before last, it was held in Xiahe Village. This year, it is time to go to Hexi Village.

  The county magistrate liked these activities that were fun for the people, and he was also open-minded. He organized many wealthy businessmen in the town to fund the planning. Each village organized a team to participate, and the top team each received one or two taels of silver, and the others can get more or less benefits, no matter what you eat or use, it always makes people happy.

  The year before last in Xiahe Village, he and Qin Yu took advantage of the excitement to sell drinks. Although they were sold out, the ladies, gentlemen, young masters and ladies in town who came to watch the game all felt that their drinks were too cheap and were unwilling to buy them. It's rough, and people from nearby villages patronize it.

  Therefore, he wanted to use the money he had to buy some sugar. The peach tree in the backyard happened to be in bloom. He could also make several different drinks and the price could go up. At the same time, he could make some without sugar so that the villagers could drink it. Affordable.

  As for the bamboo tube, he thought carefully and after much deliberation he could only think of one way.

  Find Lu Dongqing to cooperate.

  He has seen the bamboo tubes carved by Lu Dongqing. They are exquisite and easier to use. If they can carve some patterns related to the Dragon Boat Festival, they will definitely not worry about selling them.