20

Qin Yu visited several families, but because Qiao Chengfu was not a mourner, most of them were unwilling to come to help. In the end, only the Liu family, his father and his son, Zheng Kai, Lu Dongqing and two other men were willing to help dig the grave. Butcher Wang's family couldn't come because he and Chen Xuesheng were about to get married.

 It was easy to invite the madam and husband. Feng Jie alone shouted at four or five people. They didn't think it was too big, and Granny Li, who knew how to lose etiquette, was on hand to give guidance. These people were enough.

  It was agreed that all they had to do was wait for Lu Dongqing to finish the wooden coffin. The body could not be left for a long time, otherwise the smell would get worse. The last thing Qiao Ruifeng and Yu Ping discussed was to lower the coffin at noon tomorrow. It would be better for everyone if it was done earlier.

  Qin Yu returned home and drank a bowl of water. Qiao Suiman looked at Qiao Ruifeng with a look of confusion. He was then pulled to the kitchen. Qiao Ruifeng lowered his voice and told Qin everything that happened in the afternoon. Yu, Qin Yu's expressions ranged from angry to surprised to teasing, "It was the same last time I went to the market. I saw something was wrong in the eyes of that kid from the Lu family. It seems like he really meant it."

  "That has to be Xiaoman's pleasure!" Qiao Ruifeng couldn't tell what he was feeling at the moment. He was depressed and relieved that he still couldn't see the shadow. He used to worry about Qiao Suiman's marriage, but now that it was promising, he didn't want his brother to get married so soon.

  "It's natural. Let's pay attention first. Besides, we still have one year of filial piety, so we can't rush it."

  The two of them didn't stay inside for long when several burly men burst into the door.

  "Where's Qiao Chengfu! If you owe money, please get out of here!" the leader shouted.

  The debt collector from the gambling house came and kicked over a stool in the yard. Qiao Ruifeng stepped forward and said, "He fell to death. I will get the money now."

  The white flags bought by Qin Yu from the Zheng family were hung up in the main room, and some silver paper was placed on the table. The debt collector was also surprised when he saw this, "Dead?"

  "A drunk guy fell to his death yesterday, and he's in the room now."

  "Tsk, that's bad luck. I don't care whether he is dead or alive. If you owe money, you have to pay it back. Otherwise, I will tear your family apart!"

  Qiao Ruifeng took out the silver, which he had earned in pieces over the years. Most of it was copper plates, strung into several strings.

  "Brother Biao, this," the debt collector was even more surprised to see them taking the money so easily, "it can't be fake."

  The man who was called Brother Biao reached out to take the money, but Qiao Ruifeng avoided it and said, "IOU."

  "Okay, you have the money in one hand and the IOU in the other. You kid understands this quite well." Xu said that the debt collection went smoothly today. Brother Biao no longer looked as arrogant as when he entered the door. He took out the note from his arms and opened it on the table. .

  "We are illiterate. We need to find someone to look at it. Just wait a moment." Only when you see the IOU can you tell whether it is a scam. After all, everyone in the village knows that Qiao Chengfu borrowed three taels of silver from the gambling house. It is not necessarily the case for people who become gambling houses.

  Even if he had the written evidence, he still had to see whether it was Qiao Chengfu, so Qiao Suiman went to the village chief's house to call for someone when Qiao Ruifeng went in to get the money.