22

In the next few days, Qiao Suiman was busy preparing for the dragon boat race next month. Since he wanted to attract people, perilla drink alone would definitely not be enough. This season, the wild camellias on the mountains are thick, and there is something like this at the foot of the mountain. , the villagers often pick it home, dry it and soak it in water for drinking.

  Every day he would go to the foot of the mountain and pinch the tender tips of wild camellia trees, and would not let go of the remaining branches, so that he could take them back and use them as firewood. Two mornings passed like this, and he had picked most of the wild camellia at the foot of the mountain, so he stopped going.

  The peach trees in the backyard were blooming densely. Firstly, they were worried that the flowers would not bear fruit if they were too dense. Secondly, Qiao Suiman also planned to make another kind of peach blossom drink, so he thinned out many peach blossoms.

  On this day, he still put the wild camellia and peach blossoms on the wooden frame in the courtyard to dry. The weather has been good recently, and in a day or two, they will be completely dried and sealed. In addition to showing off these things, he also went to Zheng's house and bought half a catty of sugar. Only half a catty cost thirty cash. He had only used it a few times, and his flesh ached tightly when he had the copper plate.

  The bamboo tube and candy alone cost 450 yuan, so he became more and more concerned about this matter. Qiao Ruifeng and Qin Yu were so busy every day that he made them nervous.

  Qiao Suiman married some wild camellia and peach blossoms that were almost dried, boiled a pot of water, and soaked a small handful of wild camellia. When the color of the tea came out, he added a few dried peach blossoms. The fragrance suddenly hit his nostrils, and he added a handful of wild camellia. Add a small amount of sugar, mix well and remove the wild camellia and peach blossoms to the side.

  He took a deep breath, it smelled so good. The fragrance of wild mountain tea is mixed with the fragrance of peach blossom, which makes people happy when smelling it. He took three small bowls, poured half of them into each bowl, and carried them into the main room.

  Qin Yu was collecting the soles of his shoes. Qiao Ruifeng had been working hard at the dock recently and the soles of both pairs of shoes were worn out. Qin Yu simply found someone to buy a bunch of rags and made two new pairs of shoes. The soles were a waste of materials and were not needed. What a good cloth. You can buy a pile of shabby cloth for two or three pennies. It is most practical for holding shoe soles.

  "Is it done?" Qin Yu smiled lightly.

  "Well, you drink, I'll call the elder brother."

  Qiao Suiman ran to the backyard in a hurry. Qiao Ruifeng was making fertilizer behind him. The seedlings in the paddy field were growing and it was time to fertilize.

  "Brother, come and have a drink when you're done."

"Okay, it'll be fine in a moment."

  Qiao Suiman returned to the main room again and saw that Qin Yu had already drank Xiaoban, so he asked: "Brother Qin Yu, how are you doing?"

  "It tastes good. The peach blossoms are sour. The water and sugar are just right this time. It tastes better than yesterday."

  Yesterday, Qiao Suiman tried it once. The water was added less and the sugar was not enough. There was only the taste of wild camellia mixed with the sourness of peach blossoms. It was not very delicious, so he tried it again today.

  He also picked up a bowl and drank. Indeed, after adding a little more sugar, it became much smoother in the mouth. The corners of his mouth curled up. When the peaches are ripe next month, it will taste better if he adds some diced peach meat.