59

"How about you two sell drinks and I sell bamboo utensils." Qin Yu teased.

  "Brother Qin Yu!" Qiao Suiman patted Qin Yu's arm gently, "What did I mean?"

  "I know," Qin Yu laughed twice, "I'm teasing you."

  Qiao Suiman snorted and grinned heartily. Lu Dongqing was still chatting with the guests and only glanced over, full of smiles.

  At about six o'clock, there were more and more people in the market. Seeing two familiar figures, Qiao Suiman quickly stopped them: "Erfu, Xiaoxi!"

  The two followed the call and when they saw Qiao Suiman, they raised their hands and waved: "We will be there in a minute."

  Hearing what they said, Qiao Suiman nodded and greeted the customers in front of the stall.

  "You said the county magistrate drank from this?" a middle-aged man asked, stroking his long beard.

  "Exactly, many people here know that, sir, what do you want to drink?" Qiao Suiman replied.

  "I also heard a vendor outside saying that theirs was drunk by the county magistrate." The man continued.

  Qiao Suiman's eyes flashed, and she immediately sensed that something was wrong, but she kept it quiet and answered as usual: "Maybe the county magistrate has bought from that house at some time. During the Dragon Boat Festival, the magistrate's servant followed me Twenty portions of the fragrant drink were carried away in bamboo tubes, and all the villagers saw it. There are also yinzi in other families, but this bamboo tube goes with the fragrant drink, but we are the first to get the portion. This cannot be faked."

  The man did not specify which stall he belonged to, nor did he specify when the county magistrate visited the stall. Their bamboo-tube fragrant drink was famously sold after the Dragon Boat Festival. If the county magistrate had actually drank it before, he immediately retorted and kept the truth.

  Why does the county magistrate still buy drinks from your house?

  Furthermore, it cannot be said that Liu Mei and Fang Zhihe bought it from him. He heard Lu Dongqing mention that the eldest daughter of Liu Mei's fiancé's family was not his biological mother, but a second marriage. He always wanted to tell Liu Mei's fiancé to his niece. .

  That mother Li was sent to the Liu family by Mrs. Xuxian. She specifically picked out Liu Mei's mistakes and omitted to report them to Mrs. Xuxian. She wanted to use this to make Liu Mei's future father-in-law regret the marriage. Liu Mei and her fiancé had an awkward moment because of this. I don't know what happened after that. Qi Qiao saw the two of them that day, and judging from their appearance, they must have reconciled.

  However, he was afraid that the speaker would not listen carefully, so Qiao Suiman still did not mention that the two brothers and ladies had visited him personally. He did not understand the rules of a wealthy family, so he could only try to minimize the possibility of causing trouble to them, and only said that that day The boy came to take it away.

  After explaining, Qiao Suiman smiled lightly: "What would you like to drink, sir?"

  The man's eyes narrowed slightly, showing a trace of appreciation. He approached the stall, glanced at the words on the wooden sign, and asked, "Do you still know the words?"

  From the moment he first approached, Lu Dongqing watched his every move and wondered what his purpose was. When he heard this, he replied: "I wrote it."

  "You..." The man's eyes turned to Lu Dongqing and Qiao Suiman, and then he seemed to react and said, "You two are married, right?"

  "Yes." Qiao Suiman and Lu Dongqing said in unison, and then looked at each other again.