26

On the fifth day of the Lunar New Year, Qiao Suiman and Qin Yu were busy with smoke from the kitchen. They were both thirsty for water. They just poured in cold water and stirred it up. What took more time was the Perilla Drink and the Peach Blossom Drink. , need to be cooked in one stove. They borrowed two clay stoves from Zhou Shuifen yesterday, and now they are cooking three together.

  One barrel each of unsweetened perilla drink and peach blossom drink has been cooked. Only two barrels are definitely not enough to sell. However, their family has limited wooden barrels, and only ten of them can be used. They have to rely on the four drinks nearby to earn money. Money can't do much.

  Fortunately, the three of them were quick with their hands and feet, and they were able to pull the cart to Hexi Village in time. Hexi Village and Xiahe Village are adjacent to each other, only two miles away from the village entrance. What they want to go to is the riverside where the competition is held, which is even closer, and they will arrive in a short time.

  Qiao Ruifeng wanted to rush back to Xiahe Village to row the boat here with others, so he hurried back without stopping for long.

  Qiao Suiman and Qin Yu started to clean up the stall in a place close to the river and shaded by trees. Buckets of drinks were arranged, the lids were tightly sealed, the price racks were placed in a conspicuous place, and one of each of the three bamboo tubes was placed The front part and the rest are placed on the side of the cart.

  The two of them were munching on the steamed buns brought from home while waiting for the guests. The steamed buns they ate today were made of refined noodles, fragrant and soft. Qiao Sui ate them in small bites, as if she was reluctant to finish them.

  The county magistrate and wealthy businessmen did not come so early. They watched the game in a specially built pavilion. They did not have to come early to reserve a seat like the villagers and other ordinary families in the town.

  There are many village teams competing every year, and they compete one after another. Excluding the lunch time, the competition can last from midnight to evening.

  The sun was high in the sky, and gradually people came to the river in groups. In order to avoid collisions among the crowds, the government officials also came and built a wooden board around a distance from the river. In previous years, some people were so excited that they jumped into the river to pick up boats, causing a mess. Later, the rules gradually became such that spectators were not allowed to get close to the shore.

  Qiao Suiman and the others chose a good location, three feet away from the right side of the pavilion. It was a good place to watch the game. People who came early would go this way.

  People from the town came one after another. The men were neatly dressed and their hair was combed. The girls were dressed in silk clothes, jewelry and handkerchiefs. They were all dressed up.

  Gradually, someone noticed Qiao Suiman's stall. A scholar in a smoky green gown came forward, picked up the bamboo tube and looked at it carefully. "This is quite interesting," he laughed twice, picked it up and showed it to his classmates, "Look, we These spectators are all carved into it, which is interesting and interesting."

  "Your Majesty, you may want to take a look at the others. There are three styles." Qiao Suiman continued.

  The scholar picked up the other two and looked at them. He still felt that the one he picked up first suited his liking. When he saw the words written on the wooden sign, he asked again: "They also sell Xiangyinzi, Xiantao Pulp, the name is good, it's quite novel to pair it with this bamboo tube."