33

Lu Dongqing and Qiao Ruifeng were called back to wait for the second round and did not stay much longer.

  Qiao Suiman was distraught on the spot. What did Lu Dongqing mean? Why did she have any expectations? She originally just wanted to cooperate with him. How did things become like this?

  Suddenly his arm was hit, and Chen Xuesheng beside him teased: "Xiao Man, what's going on with Lu Dongqing?"

  "I don't know," Qiao Suiman tightened the handkerchief in his hand, "I really don't know."

  "You..." Chen Xuesheng wanted to say something more, but was interrupted by someone.

  "Is this the bamboo tube drink that the county magistrate praised so much?"

  The person who came was a man wearing a crimson gown, and he was shaking a paper fan in his hand.

  "Yes, sir, the county magistrate and the others buy all their drinks from me. What do you want to order?"

  He had just experienced a turmoil, but as soon as there was business, Qiao Suiman still cheered up. Fortunately, the bloody barrel that hit people had been hidden behind and washed with water, so it would not scare people.

  The man picked up the bamboo tube and looked at it. Now there were only two kinds of bamboo tubes left. He chose the dragon boat style one, "That's it. Take a tube of perilla to drink."

  "okay."

  Qiao Suiman had just accepted the twenty-two cents from the man, and several more people came to the stall. They were still talking in low voices, fighting and robbing people.

  It should be the person who was watching the fun just now.

  Qiao Suiman frowned and asked with a smile, "What would you like to drink?"

  "I want a peach blossom drink," the woman who spoke had pity and slight anger in her eyes, "They are really not human beings. We have agreed to go to the county government office together tomorrow to watch their execution. Such vicious people should be beaten. It's better to be disabled!"

  The woman didn't buy a bamboo tube, so Qiao Suiman took her water bag and filled it up as usual, letting others take a few sips first.

  As soon as the woman drank, several people accompanying her urged her and asked, "Does it taste good?"

  She tasted it carefully and nodded affirmatively: "It tastes good, and there's still pulp." She took another sip, "It's worth it, they were right!"

  Seeing her, several young masters and ladies were full of praise and swarmed forward.

  "Then I want a perilla drink and put it in the bamboo tube with the rice dumplings carved on it."

  "I want green plum juice. I don't need a bamboo tube. Put it in a water bag for me."

  "You all don't know the difference, of course Xiantao Pulp is the best!"

  They were talking in a flurry, while Qiao Suiman and Qin Yu continued to drink as they requested.

"Thank you sir, it's ready. Please take it."

  These people were not as particular as Liu Mei and Fang Zhihe. They drank it immediately after getting it. After a few sips, they were full of praise.

  "Do you only sell it here?" a lady asked.

  Qiao Suiman's eyes lit up, "I'll go to Dongshi Wharf to sell it after I have some rest in a few days. Young ladies and gentlemen can go there, and they'll also have these flavors."