29

Qiao Suiman and Qin Yu had happy faces. They had received almost five silver coins at once. How could they not be happy?

  At this time, Chen Xiasheng, who was previously called to inquire about the order, also came back. This was good news. Xiahe Village was in the first batch to compete.

  Each batch of six teams will compete together, and the top three will be selected after the competition. After the five batches have completed the competition, 15 teams will enter the second round.

  Next, they will be divided into three batches by drawing lots to continue the competition. This time, only the top two teams will be selected. The six teams selected in this way will compete for the top three rankings.

  That is to say, each village team has to paddle three times to determine the final leader. Therefore, in the first batch of competitions, the paddlers have more time to rest. It seems that God is blessing Xiahe Village this year. .

  There was good news one after another, and everyone in the group was happy. No one noticed that behind the tree not far away, the husband who had made trouble earlier and several men looked greedily at the place where Qiao Suiman put his money bag.

  After the lots were drawn, the first batch started soon. This year, the river course of the dragon boat race started from the path leading to the shore. The pavilion where the county magistrate and wealthy businessmen were sitting was right at the corner of the Qinglong River.

  After exiting the corner, we have to row another forty feet before it is over.

  There are government officials guarding the starting point and the reversing point. We are not afraid of anyone tampering with us, just for the sake of fairness and justice.

  The first batch of village team dragon boats have all launched into the river. The dragon boats in each village are made by the villagers themselves. As for whether they are good or bad, it depends on whether the village is willing to spend money and use good wood.

  The dragon boat racing in Xiahe Village was neither too good nor too bad. The participants in the first year saved their money and asked a carpenter from the neighboring village to ride it. Because of the money spent, the participants that year worked hard and finally won. The second place not only earned back the money spent on boating, but also got a lot of extra food.

  I have gotten used to it in the past few years. No one suggested changing it, so I kept using it. The first road in Xiahe Village near the pavilion is also the place with the nearest bend, so the starting point is farther back than the other villages. .

  Everyone got on the boat and got ready to go. Lu Dongqing was the head oar, and his sweetheart was on the shore. Naturally, he had to take this opportunity to perform well. At least let people know that he was strong and capable of working!

  Lu Dongqing held the oar tightly with both hands, and Qiao Ruifeng sat on the same line on both sides, waiting for the officer's order to row out.

  "three!"

  "two!"

  "one"

  "start!"

  Upon hearing the order, the drummer holds drumsticks in both hands and hits the drum head with bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang on the drum head. According to the drum beat, the rowers on the boat row hard back and forth, stepping on the points and shouting loudly.

  "One! Two!"

  "One! Two!"

  "rush!"

  "One! Two!"