1

After several days of rain, the weather finally cleared up. People from Xiahe Village walked by in twos and threes, either going to the fields to see the crops or going up the mountain to pick some wild vegetables and mushrooms.

  Near the village is River, backed by several large mountains, not too far from Shuiqing Town, and most of the people in the village live a decent life. It's just that the weather has been bad recently. of last year, Yuntai Town, which belongs to Songjiang Prefecture, and Shuiqing Town, was flooded, and many villages were flooded.

  Farmers depend on the weather for their livelihood. Even if the rain hasn't stopped a few days ago, they still have to go to the fields to take care of them. In their spare time, they pick wild vegetables, mushrooms and go to the river to catch fish. After all, they still have something to eat.

  Before it stopped raining and it was still dark, smoke was already rising from Qiao's house in the village.

  Qiao Suiman added water to the pot and boiled it, put in four previously prepared rough-faced steamed buns and steamed them, then went to the woodshed to get a basket and a wooden hammer and put them under the eaves.

  The steamed buns heated up quickly, and soon they began to steam. Seeing that they were almost done, Qiao Suiman picked up the steamed buns, endured the burning sensation between his fingers, and put them into a bowl of sea food aside. While it was hot, Qiao Suiman finished one in a few mouthfuls, leaving the remaining three for her brother Qiao Ruifeng and sister-in-law Qin Yu.

  The big dog lying under the eaves barked at him a few times. Qiao Suiman took one look and knew that the dog was hungry.

  He took some wheat bran and put it into the dog's bowl, added water and mixed it. As soon as he poured the wheat bran in, the dog was lying on the edge of the bowl, and started to eat it after mixing it.

  After sitting for a while, thinking that the rain was about to stop, Qiao Suiman put on his raincoat, went to the yard, put the basket on his back, and shouted to the big dog in a low voice: "Heijin, let's go up the mountain."

  Kurogane finished the last bit of soaked wheat bran at the bottom of the bowl and ran to Qiao Suiman to follow.

  Three years ago, Qiao Suiman picked it up on the mountain. At that time, it was thin and small, lying on the ground and howling. The female dog that gave birth to it disappeared somewhere.

  The weather was cold and it would be impossible to survive if it kept freezing any longer, so Qiao Suiman took it home and made a nest with wheat straw. He fed some wheat bran, rice bran, and earthworms on weekdays, and they actually grew up.

  One person and one dog walked into the mountains. There hadn't been much farming recently, and it was raining again. There was no need to keep an eye on the fields. They went out early, and they didn't meet anyone on the road. The Qiao family was close to the mountain, and they soon reached the foot of the mountain.

  The mountainous area near the village had fewer trees than the deeper areas, and villagers often picked wild vegetables on the spot. There were not many fungi left, so Qiao Suiman took the dog and went deeper into the forest.

  ——

  After the rain, wild vegetables and fungi grew abundantly in the deep woods. Before noon, Qiao Suiman had already picked up a bamboo basket and stuffed it tightly.

  Qiao Suiman took off his coir raincoat and covered the fungi and wild vegetables in the frame. When he was about to go down the mountain, he looked up and saw a very long chicken fir three feet away in front of him, with an open umbrella. , split in four or five places, and the stipe also grows thick.