Home Again Mitch Rapp

⬇️

⬇️

Mitch's POV.

I stand in my driveway at midnight.

A few lights in the house are still on and I'm hoping that means my beautiful girlfriend, Y/n, is still awake. I'm home early from a mission and want to surprise her.

I pull out my phone and dial her quickly knowing the numbers by heart. It rings a few times before she picks up.

"Mitch!" She exclaimed excitedly. "Hey, baby," I say smiling to myself. I hear the tiredness in her voice.

I know she always says how she doesn't sleep as well when I'm not home and it's evident that it still holds true.

She giggles a little to herself. "You said you wouldn't be able to talk until tomorrow morning over here, is everything okay?" She asks concern lacing her words and I can picture her furrowing her eyebrows softly. "I'm okay baby don't worry I just wanted to call you now, that's all.

I didn't wake you, did I?" I ask her as I walk closer to the door, "No, I haven't been able to fall asleep yet..." She sighs quietly. I hum a little.

"I'm sorry my love, still having trouble sleeping?" I ask already knowing the answer.

"Yes, but I'll be okay..." She says quickly.

Although she never does she is always so worried about making me feel guilty about being away so much.

I adore her for caring so much as me being happy and knowing how much I love my job but I've told her countless times that it's okay to tell me she wants me home.

I smile knowing how to play on this.

Well, I think I know something that might help," I tell her with a cocky smirk.

She laughs a little. "Oh yeah, and what might that be?" She asks me. "Check the front door," I tell her holding myself back from running in and kissing her already.

I promise I locked it, Mitch, you know I always-" I cut her off knowing that she thought I meant to make sure she's safe which although is important it isn't what I meant.

"No, no, no." I laugh a little. "Go downstairs and check the door...." I hear the rustling of the bedsheets. "Okay...." She says confused making me chuckle again.

I then hear her come down the steps and into the foyer. When she sees me through the glass of the door her eyes widen.

She discards the phone and unlocks the door and shuts off the alarm system immediately.

I tuck my phone in my back pocket and grab her as soon as the door is opened. "Mitch!" She says happily as she holds me to her just as tight as I am holding her to me. "I'm home," I whisper as I feel a few tears of hers.