Christmas Special Mitch Rapp

⬇️

⬇️

Y/n's POV.

don't want a lot for Christmas! There is just one thing I need..." I sing along to the radio while cracking the eggs into the batter.

I'm making Christmas cookies for when Mitch gets home. He's been away for three weeks on a mission. I'm not really supposed to know too much about it but Mitch tells me what he can so I don't worry about him.

⬇️

⬇️

He should be home today, from what I heard from his daily phone call. I'm so happy to have him home, after a longer mission like this he gets a lot of time off so that's amazing. I carry on belting out the lyrics to the Mariah Carey song while finishing making the cookies.

I have to put them in the oven for half an hour, so I have some time to read my Christmas book. I'm about halfway into Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban and I'm thoroughly enjoying it. I do this every year, I start reading the Harry Potter series at the beginning of December so I can finish by new year.

I usually drag Mitch into my traditions and make him read with me. He claims he hates it but I've seen him getting into the story. I'm up to the part where Harry and Hermione go back in time when the egg timer goes off.

As I walk into the kitchen the smell of cinnamon hits me like a wave. I squeal in excitement as I take them out of the oven, they look so good! I'm so excited for Christmas and having Mitch back home.

As well as decorating these cookies. I'm so tempted to do them now but I always wait for Mitch to do that. They still need to cool down so I leave them on the side to carry on with my book. When he gets home it'll finally feel like Christmas. 

It starts to get late and I'm starting to wonder where Mitch is. Worries start to fill my head. What if something happened on the mission and he got hurt? Or worse, killed? I jump when my phone rings.

I pick it up instantly, praying it won't be bad news about Mitch. "Hello? Is he ok?" I rush through my sentence.

I hear a familiar chuckle that puts my mind at rest. "Don't worry babe I'm fine." "Don't laugh! Your late and I started to worry." "Yeah about that..." Mitch's voice goes quiet like he's about to tell me bad news. "What is it babe?" "Something went wrong in the mission.