Friendly Advice Dylan O'Brien

⬇️

⬇️

Y/N's POV.

Movie marathon with my bestie on vaycay!" Dylan strolls in with a bucket of popcorn and a handful of DVD's in each hand.  "Just like the good old days," you reach out for the movies.  "Nuh-uh, you chose the last time, Y/N." He placed the popcorn down. 

But that's no fair, I already know what you're going to choose and we've seen it a million times," you whine, huffing deeper into the couch.  "Well, if I'm that predictable." You roll your eyes at him and steal the popcorn from the table while he organises a DVD.

Every time he chooses the movie, he always choose Star Wars. Saying that, you never would have chosen to see it by yourself, but the first time you saw it almost eight years ago was amazing enough. 

Dylan jumped into the couch beside you as he fiddled with the remotes.

You gently rested your head on his shoulder while continuing to eat the popcorn. 

He stiffened beside you.  "What are you doing?" He forces out a giggle.  "I'm getting comfortable for when I fall asleep stop moving," you snuggle into the crook of his neck and he relaxes a bit. 

Here we go!" He finally pressed the right button and the TV comes alive, the sound blaring out of the speakers and the light forcing its way out.  "High school musical 3?" You question.  

Well I've seen the other two and it's only logical, right?" He argues, obviously trying not to look at you.  "We saw the others years ago," you counter, sitting up straight as your begin to interrogate him to learn his angle.  "You like it don't you?

Of course, Dyl, I love it," he relaxes, "but that still doesn't explain why you chose it. Since when does HSM top Star Wars?"  "You were right, we see it all the time." He reaches for the other remote.  "That's no excuse," you stop his hand and he immediately pulls it away. "What's wrong with you?"  "Nothing," he insists, leaping out of his spot.  

"Dylan? You don't seriously think you can lie to me?"  "How long are our parents gone for?" You can't tell if he's trying to distract you.  "A few more days.

You stand from where you were sitting, folding your arms along your chest. "What's up?"  "The sky," he mumbles and you roll your eyes.  "Seriously, Dylan you can tell me anything.

You walk over to him to console him, relocating rubbing your hand along his arm, "is it that girl you were telling me about?"  "Yeah," he admits, almost in defeat. 

Well, if you're making it really obvious that you like her and she still doesn't see it, I think you should do something big!" You're no good with relationship advice, but you'll do anything for Dylan. 

I'm beginning to think it's not that simple, Y/N.

He lowers his head, "I mean I tried surprising her with things that she likes, but I just don't know how else to show her."  You take the silence and think about what you could possibly say to help.

You think about what you would want him to do to you to tell you he liked you.

You imagine him taking you out to restaurant and him sliding him hand across the table to find yours or maybe if he just kissed you.

You couldn't deny that you had thought about it before.  "Kiss her," you blurt, catching him by surprise. "Next time you see her just kiss her.

Don't think about it and if you've been really obvious about how you like her she won't mind."  "Are you sure?" He gulps.  You only nod, scared that you might accidentally say no.

You never liked the other girls, mainly because they didn't like you.

You had known Dylan for what felt like your entire life and some girls didn't like how close you were.  "Okay," he says before reaching down to you and placing his lips against yours.

The end.....