Winter storm Dylan O'Brien

⬇️

⬇️

Y/N's POV.

it had been exactly five years and twenty-one days since you last saw your ex-boyfriend who also happened to be one of the most famous actors in the world. 

it wasn't your choice to break up, in fact it broke your heart so much that you moved to the opposite coast to try and start a fresh new life. but no matter where you went, everything reminded you of him. 

you had all of your firsts together, first kiss, first time, first dance, everything.

and now every time you went on your phone fans of Dylan were tagging you in old couple photos, trailers for his new movies popped up on your timeline he was everywhere. 

life in new york was different to your chill, los angeles lifestyle but it kept your mind off of Dylan.

some may say you were crazy to not have even tried to date someone else since the break up, but no one ever compared to him.  as a hopeless romantic you believed everyone had a soulmate, and yours just so happened to be dylan o'brien. 

of course, it wasn't always easy to avoid him when he was in new york, he loved the mets your favourite baseball team, he loved watching musicals on broadway and you nearly bumped into him once when you went to see Frozen the musical. 

since the breaking up  you tried to avoid even finding out anything about his love life, you saw that he had gotten a girlfriend a couple of months after your break up and you couldn't help but wonder if everything you felt was ever reciprocated. 

on a dark, snowy day, you were venturing out into the cold to go grocery shopping.

you lived in an apartment building besides central park and the quickest way to get to the supermarket was straight through the park. 

bundled up in a winter coat, hat, scarf and gloves you finally stepped out into the baltic winter storm new york was currently experiencing.

normally you'd order your food shopping online but the wifi in your building had broken earlier in the morning and before the weather got even worse than it already was you wanted to stock up. 

snow flakes flurried in front of your face as you trudged through the snow along the usual path you took through the park.

not many people dared to venture out in this weather unless they had to. 

once you got to the supermarket you filled a basket with soup, pasta and items of food that would last for a couple of weeks along with a treat of hot chocolate and marshmallows. 

after paying you filled your backpack up with your groceries and stepped back out into the frozen city streets. 

dragging your feet through the snow on the way back through the park, you were nearly halfway back to the other end of the park but something stopped you in your tracks when you saw someone sat on a snow covered bench with their head in their hands. 

most people would walk past someone like this in new york, but you weren't most people and you couldn't let someone sit out here alone. 

you walked over to them, raising your voice slightly through the snow storm, "hey! are you okay?!"  the figure in a huge puffy coat looked up, snow coating their familiar dark eyelashes, moles scattered across their face like constellations that you'd recognise anywhere.

you stepped back slightly, your smile faltering.  "y/n?" he asked, his voice sounded husky as if he'd been crying.  "dylan? what are you doing out here?" you asked. 

he laughed, something you hadn't heard in so long but made you feel butterflies in your stomach just like the old days.  "in new york? filming. sitting outside in the snow like a loser? thinking about how i could've had it all with you, whenever i'm in new york i think of you." he admitted. 

his confession had you in a state of shock, but you knew you both couldn't stay out in the cold for long.  "come on, follow me." you said, not replying to his previous words and waiting for him to stand up and follow you. 

when you reached the door to your apartment you stepped inside and shook off all of the snow from your coat.

Dylan did the same and took his coat off, which you took from him and placed over one of your bar stools to dry off. 

he looked shy and uncertain as he stood in the middle of your apartment until you turned on your electric fire and told him to take a seat whilst you put away your groceries and made two hot chocolates... with extra marshmallows.  "just how you like it." you said as you passed him one of the cups and took a seat besides him on the sofa. 

he took a sip and immediately sank back into the couch, feeling more comfortable.  "you remembered the sprinkle of cinnamon." he sighed after savouring a sip of the steamy hot chocolate.  "of course. how could i forget?" you asked. 

he smiled slightly, "um, about what i said before... i'm sorry."  "why are you sorry?" you asked, crossing your legs on the couch to get more comfortable.  "i don't know... we haven't seen each other in years and the first time i see you i blurt out how much i've missed you." he whined. 

you sighed, "it took everything in me not to wrap my arms around you out there, you looked so sad... and it's still my instinct to protect you."  "it has been torture being away from you all of these years, U/N.

but i know i'm the idiot who ruined everything and i don't deserve your forgiveness or kindness at all." he said, his eyes focused on his hot chocolate.  "then why..." you couldn't even finish your sentence without feeling choked up.  "because i wasn't thinking right, Y/N. i was getting all of these mixed suggestions on how to handle my rise to fame, and everyone kept telling me things would get in the way of our relationship and i didn't stop to think i should've fought for you because we could've survived anything..."  "oh Dylan..." you lay your head on the back of the sofa, looking up at the ceiling. 

i promised you forever and i couldn't even give you that, and then i was forced into a relationship with someone i didn't even know to build my image? Y/N, a million apologies would never make up for how much i hurt you." dylan was looking at you now, his honey-brown eyes filled with regret, "i saw you once... when i went to see a broadway show... i wanted so badly just to run to you and just hold you.

but i couldn't."  "Dylan... you don't have to apologise anymore," you said, placing your hand over his, "i can feel how sorry you are... and i'm sorry too for ignoring you all these years when i saw you... that night on broadway.

his eyes glistened slightly at the mention that you'd seen him too, "this sounds stupid, but i don't think i could ever love someone like i love you Y/N...my love for you never left, ever."  your heart nearly exploded as every possible emotion overwhelmed you, without a second thought you wrapped your arms around him and kissed him. 

five years and twenty-one days later and his kiss was still as magical as ever.  the both of you wrapped up in a blanket and watched a movie on your tv, your head resting on his chest and his arms wrapped around you. 

new york and your apartment never really felt like home... but laying here with Dylan it finally like you were home.

The end.....