26

Unexpected.
__________________________

Hyunjin sighed as he walked away from the path. It was dark outside already, and he has given up to go search for the boy. He didn't want too in particular. But the chances of him already reaching far ahead was big, and he started to loose hope.

One thing he wasn't expecting was for him to leave so sudden. Maybe he shouldn't have gotten his hopes up in the first place. He was surprised of how deprived he was to have someone by him almost all the time. Especially considering the fact his kind of people were meant to simply abandon their kids. But he really didn't know why he had to be so different.

He sighed in annoyance, wanting to atleast sleep for once. A whole day have almost passed, so the boy could have reach anywhere his heart desired. Well if he knew where to go. Blood sweat and legitimate tears was put into work, knowing that he could have worked ten times harder to search. But he felt absolutely hopeless.

Such a sad ending to such a great story.

But maybe it isn't the end of the relationship at all, sure they may not have gotten along that well, but Jeongin clearly showed that he relied on Hyunjin, which meant he trusted him. He just was wanted to turn back time and never go to bed in general.

With lost of hope he walked up the hill that lead to the very first place where he first found Jeongin laying on the ground, frowning as he looked down onto the ground, what seemed to be some fabric from a bandage laid fresh on the ground, dirty and used. It confused him a bit.

The nature around this place was fine and didn't have issues with trash nor things that simply didn't belong in the nature to begin with. So he wondered why there was a piece of fabric from a bandage to begin with.

And he could only hope that Jeongin may have possibly retrieved his way back, or atleast attempted too.

So with new hope filling up, he firmly grabbed the fabric as he hurried up the hill with desperate eyes, feeling adrenaline run through his body. Quite dramatic to say atleast. The thought of Jeongin possibly being near had him desperate. He was worried if the boy had gotten injured, or possibly sick again, and to be honest he didn't know why he got so worried, but perhaps the boy did something to him? To make him feel like he wasn't alone in this world? Funny how he never felt that loneliness before.

When he almost reached the top of the hill, his eyes started scanning the area, the darkness not being to much help but everyone could see a human figure in the dark. And he really hoped he'd spot Jeongin.

Just when he felt his hope die down again, he saw what seemed like an arm fall out from behind a tree. Not only making him feel enthusiastic about knowing that could be Jeongin, bit also a bit creepy out cause it was indeed a deep scary forest.

He had never felt more determined to charge towards a goddamn tree in his whole life, before he eventually reached it, panting as he looked down, onto a very familiar and unconscious figure, resting against the tree in pain.

He couldn't feel more happy to know that he just found him, and the thing that made it better was knowing that Jeongin had the intentions to retrieve back in the first place, making him feel relieved. But now he had something else to worry about, and that was getting Jeongin back into his house. The close he wore wasn't exactly appropriate for the current season yet, and it made him frown as to who would dress him like that.

That was until he spotted the compass in his hands, eyes narrowing to the piece of metal and the Keychain on it, that was way too familiar to his eyes.

"Damnit Jeongin" Hyunjin shook his head, lifting the boys into his arms while putting the compass in his own pockets, happy to atleast get the boy back into a safe place.

Now all he needed to worry about, was how Jeongin would react. He hoped the boy would feel delighted to see him too, even though his intentions was always to leave. He just didn't want the boy to shut him out anymore. He wanted to make him feel safe and secure in the house, knowing that he definitely needed to check up on his foot.