43

Ever.
_________________________

Jeongin laid gradually up against Hyunjin's chest, eyes closed as he breathed in the nice scent of lemons. He smelled like lemons..the sour smell had some calming sensation to it, something Jeongin seemed like a lot.

But he wondered how, he wondered why, he never paid attention to that smell. To that smell that made him bury his face further inside Hyunjin's chest, earning a small rub on his back, as if it was telling him that everything would be alright too. His breath sharpened at the thought of feeling useless again, he started to doubt again..he doubted that this wasn't actually something to be happy about, that Hyunjin would abuse his power over him..perhaps it was rather more fear than doubt?

The fear of finally being loved, but then neglected all over again made him want to pull away. He wanted to run away from his responsibilities, he was scared to become the mess he was before..he liked the change, he was scared to be a misfit, he was scared of the hatred he'd receive.

"Hyunjin..what should I do..if I feel like I'm worth nothing" Jeongin whispered against his chest, inhaling deeply.

"Do you want to do something that'll distract you?" Hyunjin spoke, rubbing circles on his back, gently humming in attempt to make him forget about the world for a second.

"Like what?" Jeongin spoke, confused. That sentence could mean many things, especially with a twisted mind like his. But he knew Hyunjin probably wouldn't approach that way with that kind of stuff. He felt stupid for even thinking like that.

"Wanna bake a lemon tart?" Hyunjin asked, opening his eyes slowly as he stared at Jeongin quietly, tracing his fingers against his cheeks with a smile on display.

Jeongin sighed in relief, happy that it wouldn't be what he thought about..and he'd gladly bake with Hyunjin, something that'll distract his thoughts, to distract him from all the things that wouldn't stop spinning his head.

So he simply nodded, sitting up as he looked outside, it was still dark, the stars just as prominent as later that night. He blushed slightly as he thought about the kiss, wanting to feel that special feeling again. Something about that moment made him feel ecstatic, like his body was on fire a good kind of fire though, something that heated up his heart after a cold war.

"Alright" Hyunjin smiled as he got out of bed, his Grey sweatpants hugging his slim waist gently, as the black undershirt exposed his toned arms.

Jeongin felt himself fall for how well build he actually was. He seemed to have gotten everything, perfect body, perfect face, perfect personality. He started to really catch up on those things he never thought of before, his eyes finally opening up and seeing that Hyunjin was infact something way more special.

They stood up together as they proceeded to enter the kitchen, the clock in the loving room beside said it was around 4 am, not to early for Hyunjin to usually wake up, bit it indeed was for Jeongin..who got little to no sleep that night.

"Why lemon?" Jeongin asked, earning a hummed response.

"What?".

"Why lemons? I've paid attention to that you like the smell a lot" Jeongin smiled, opening the fridge as he showed the bunch of lemon products stuffed on the shelves. Lemons, lemon juice, lemonade, mayonnaise with lemon, lemon buns, etc.

"I'm glad you have paid closer mind to me" Hyunjin smiled, pulling out the things needed for the tart, as well as the many lemons stuffed in the fridge.

"Plus their freshly plugged from the tree".
__________________________