92

"What do you think of yourself, do you think you can do this better than me?" Ishika's voice resounded, in the house, as they both fought over a cup of tea, for who makes better, standing right in the centre of the kitchen, yelling. Not Rachit, he was just retaliating being calm, and in the normal volume, but Ishika, you can guess.

"Tu banati hogi yaar achi chai, but I can bet on that ki main better banata hun, and even you agree on that, every morning you just shower praises over it, bolti toh hai kitni tatsy hai, wow aisi chai kabhi nahi pi.....toh abhi how can you say that" he returned, mimcking her part, enraging her.

"Woh main isliye bolti hun so that I don't have to use my energy on a cup of tea when I can get a drinkable cup.....isliye nahi ki you make the best tea....idiot" she scoffed flipping her hairs, and leaving him wide-eyed.

"Toh matlab main bekar hi khush hota tha thinking you liked it" his voice dejected.

"Ofcourse I liked it, but that does not mean you make it better than mine" the tea set on the stove long forgotten as they both were at loggerheads. A third person would take a lot of efforts to believe they were two grown ups, who fought like two year old.

"Yaar, Ishika lets end it here. Maan le main achi banata hun and we are good again" he tried, getting done with this spineless banter of thiers. But it was them.

"Let it continue kyunki main yeh nahi maan skti, waise bhi have you ever tasted what you make, itni meethi chai, aisa lgata hai chai nahi chasni ho" she remarked and stomped out of the kitchen.

"Seriously..." he gasped, that was the rudest thing she could say and it has irked, not hurt him because even he knew, how she is and how used to he has been to such things since forever.

"Tujhe jab itni hi meethi lagti hai toh kyun piti hai mat piya kr, tab toh Rachit, please baby, ek cup chai....bullshit or mujhe humesha baby krti rahegi par teko bol dun kabhi toh all you do is scrunch your weird face in more weird ways. Stupid" she had her eyes wide to the size of a saucer and then they were like that fire ball, emitting fire ready to burn him.

"You shouldn't have said that" she warned and a the next thing she got her hands on was on his face.
A cushion. And then, this was it. The cushion was beginning, the end to which no one knew.

"Seriously yaar ab tu mujhse isliye lad rhi.....just for a cup of tea. Mat kr yaar khtm krte h na......okay I am saying this you make the world's best tea......tu bole toh tere liye ek chai ka stall lagwa dun......Ishika chaiwaali.....baaki sbka buisness kharab kr degi tu" after the torturous minutes, with few cuts on his neck and few on her arms, they both slouched on the sofa, and she rested herself on his shoulder.

"Ouchh.....what" the splat on his chest and he looked at her. Her eyes closed, yet he could make out the rolling eyes out of them.

"Nothing just felt like hitting you.....or thankyou for the idea, I would take up this business." and he chuckled, kissing her forehead.

Days turned to months and months turning into years, they were in this together. Rachit and Ishika, both hardly ever thought they could ever get alone, let alone building a companionship, a relation, them becoming friends was no less than a shocker for people. The misfit, Sana would always say, and Ishika has agreed to her every time she quoted them as one. The misfits that fitted perfectly when they were them and not trying to be someone else trying to fit with other. Love, it was and is never pronounced. The lively bond, the bond that has clarity like that of a crystal, that has been just so unfiltered, be it anything or anytime. Raw. Passionate and beautiful. Comforting. Rachit was Rachit and Ishika was Ishika, even when they were both together. The individuality intact, with them being dissolved into each other, amazingly. A paradox. That is them.