41

The swing swayed as the wind blew past, caressing the faces, and their hairs danced, on the euphony the nature played. Coffee mugs, in the hands, half-filled and half swallowed, and bright smiles adorning the faces. Such evenings were reduced to zilch, one in month or two. The heart-to-heart talk was being missed by both. Sanas fingers slightly brushed on the picture that was being displayed on her phone. The smile he had was on her face too, but the depiction was different. The happiness that dashed in her back then, craved to rush again, but it cant.

"I miss Reyansh", Ishika murmured still looking at the sun going down, and moon rising up. Not a moment of darkness, in the darkness. Reyansh was the same. He was the sun, and the moon, and now a star.

"Ishi, aisa kyun hota hai, that someone we love, either leaves us or is taken away," Sana whisphered, and her words barely audible.

"Huh?" Ishika turned to her, wondering what she said. "zor se bol Sana, maine suna nahi," she added further. Sana smiled and shook her head "kuch nahi bas aise hi soch rahi thi agar Reyansh hota bhi toh he wouldnt have let you sit for a minute, Ishi pishi lets do this, Ishi lets do that," she mimicked Reyansh and how he annoyed and played with Ishika.

"Han, he would have made number of ponytails, matlab mujhe kabhi smajha hi nahi, what obsession he had for my hairs, jab bhi usese milti he would just do everything and anything with hairs", Ishika narrated all his doing and chuckled at the fond memories, memories.

"Sacchi, or sirf tere hi nahi Sidharth ke bhi, I remember Sidharth had called some of his people from office, and he had a chat with them in a pony tail, because Reyansh did that and he promised him not to untie it," and both laughed.

"Sana ek cheez poochun," Ishika turned to her and held her hands between hers. What she wanted to ask might hurt her or pain her, something that she didnt wish for her ever. As Sana hummed, Ishika asked, fumbling "Do you mmisss Sidharth". Sana was slightly taken aback by the question. She wondered if Ishika has spotted them together or has she somehow been hinted about the two. She was scared and anxious. It was to be uncovered someday she knew that, but not like this and definitely not today.

"Its okay Sana, if you dont want to answer its fine I understand, chill kar okay", Ishika said rubbing Sanas palm, seeing her mum for few minutes, thinking she was not ready for the question, unaware of the storm in her.

"I do", Sana blurted, "I still miss him Ishika, and main Humesha karungi, I cant, and I dont want to forget him. He is my heart, and I have loved him with my whole. Mujhe nahi pata, ho sakta hai you might think of it like insanity, but I find myself sane in this. You being angry at him, is justified at your end, and I would not tell you or ask you to do anything, tujhe jo thik lgta hai ya lagega tu kar, lekin yeh mat bhoolna you are very important to me, very important, tu hi toh hai meri or kon hai, you are my family Ishika my only family, but Sidharth, he is me, Reyansh, he was our love, our heart and soul. I miss him Ishika,"

Ishika expected this, she has felt that, her missing him, her longing for him, her wanting to be with him. The way she cared for him, when he was found drunk, she knew it. But she couldn't forget how she found her on the road, standing like a dead person amidst the bustle, with nothing, and it has pained her to no end. That day, she hated Sidharth, for letting her go and never coming back.

The conversation flowed, from Reyansh to Sidharth to shopping to makeup to food and everything. The evening felt better and beautiful. Sana still had the smile Sidharth gave her, the evening two days back, when he has held her and made her believe that things are eventually to fall in its place and she has trusted him, with a smile.

*******************

"Sidharth, beta kha tha tu aaj, kabse wait kar rahi thi maa", Maa bombarded Sidharth with the questions, as he stepped in.

"Kahi nahi maa, aaj meeting bahut jyda prolong ho gyi toh bas, or aate time traffic", Sidharth thumped on the sofa beside him, loosening his tie and letting his tired self relax a bit. Maa caressed his face lovingly. She has seen him happier these days, and it has elated her. But his never ending and busy schedule have worried her too. The workload seems like never ending and there has been no time for them to talk.

"Fresh ho jaa, main chai le kar aati hun aaj saath mein piyenge", Maa informed and left to prepare the tea. The way he has been buried in work, he knew he has been worrying Maa, and also he had not had a heart to heart conversation with her. He missed it.

"Le", Maa extended the cup to him, as he sat.

"Thank you maa",

"Kaisa hai tu Sidharth", Maa asked,

"Main thik hun maa, and I am sorry ki main aapko bilkul time nahi de paa raha hun, main jaanta hun aap nahi bolege par mujhe acha nahi lag rha hai," Sidharth replied,

"Sana kaisi hai",

"Huh"

"Sana kaisi hai beta, main jaanti hun tu usese mila hai, the smile you have these days, it just said it.", Maa smiled, as she saw her son blushing on the mention of his own wife.

"Woh thik hai maa, par maa mujhe abhi bhi lagta hai, she lacks the trust in me, and may be I am the reason to it, maine usko wajah hi nahi di that she can trust me again",

"Tujhe kha usne " Maa asked.

"Nahi Maa, but I felt", he spoke what he felt, the way she sometimes refrains herself from letting her heart out to him, to share those pains and wounds, to fight with him for what he did, to scold him, it made him feel that she still lacks a trust in him. But he also knew she was not wrong, its once bitten, twice shy, he needs to build back that bridge which he himself has distorted.

"Mujhe nahi lagta aisa, han ho skta hai, she might not have opened up her heart to you, but not because she lacks a trust in you but may be because she still needs time to tend that wound, by herself, aisa bhi toh ho skta hai ki woh cheezien bolne ke liye , she is still not ready, for she did not want to live through that phase again"

"Par Maa, main hun na, we will face that together, then why"

"Give her little time to find herself back and fight herself, let her tend her wounds on her own, but just be behind her if ever she falls, and I know she knew you will be there, tabhi toh Abhay se bhi nahi dari na woh, soch agar nahi hota bharosa to jaati tere saath nahi na, let her take her own time"Maa's words made sense to him and he realised he was thinking more than he should and reading more between the line when there was nothing too.

"Thankyou maa", he kissed her wrinkled palms, and sat down for a good head massage thinking about her.

🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

Thank you for reading.

Do vote and comment.

A very short update, and I don't if that even make some sense or no. Sorry if it was a disappointment. A huge writers block. I know there shouldn't be excuses but, I tried and but I cant get anything out of my head other than this. Maafi 🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏