25

He tiptoed in the hospital room sneakily, where Sana was, making sure to not come in focus of Ishika. If Ishika will see him, she would not let him meet her and it was justified. She has seen Sana the past year, and her sufferings too, and it was justified to behave the way she was. Ishika was doing what she was supposed to, as a friend and a family. Her anguish towards was justified, but for the moment he only urged to see her once. With every step he took forward, his heartbeat rose dramatically. As he entered, he slowly closed the door, taking care to avoid and disturbance.

As he turned, his heart felt the sharp pain, it throbbed and coiled. The dark clouds seemed looming on him and he stood rooted on his place, staring at her sleeping figure. She has a whole different appearance from the last time he saw her. Her chubby cheeks which he loved the most were no more chubby, her glowing skin was pale, eyes were surrounded by dark circles and she looked so weak. Those wires that she was bound in, reminded him of their son. The flashes of the most terrifying and harsh part of his life zoomed ij front of him. The beeping machine reminded him of Reyansh, the IV injected in her hand, took him to his son's small hands. The bed she laid on, gave him the view of their son, who laid there still, and dead. The wayward tear followed down paving the way for the tears that gushed further. He harshly wiped them away. The same fear, that he suffered a year back, he felt it today again, when he saw her. He was angry, but as the time proceeded he felt his guilt eating him. He felt sorry he felt burdened, but very conveniently prioritizing his brain he made her the culprit.Although his heart debated with the mind, his mind always had an upper hand. The psychomachy, drained him enough. Today seeing her he realized that was what he has done. He with all his abilities tried not to cry, but his eyes swam in tears and they rolled mercilessly. Floundering towards her, he shivered and the hairs on his skin stood. Her face had a discomfort as if she was in pain. He searched for, and found her hand to be twisted.

"Tch.....kaise soti hai yeh" mumbling to himself he straightened her hand, so tenderly so softly that it didn't disturb her. Though he knew the medical dose had her in deep slumber, still. Taking his time to look at her and blame himself he sat beside her.

"Hi, Sana, kaisi h nahi poochunga because I don't have the audacity to do so. Jaanta hun I have been a mad stupid person, and justifying by saying that I was angry will be such a stupid thing. I deserve every ounce of your hate and your ignorance. Par please thik reh, to fight with me to shout at me and yell at me and do whatever you wish, but please thik reh. I have already lost so much that I don't have an ounce of strength for anything more. Ab tu sochegi ki ek saal baad aa kar main yeh bakwaas kar rha hun, par I have missed you the whole year, every time I was in front of our baby I have missed you, at times I yearned for you like a mad man, but I am a coward that I can't come to you and ask for forgiveness. Meri bakwaas toh hoti hi rahegi par abhi meri baat dhyan se sun, isese phle teri Ishi aa jaye mujhe dhakke maar ke nikal de, please apna dhyan rakh. Please don't be weak, physically or emotionally. Tu toh meri sherni hai. Abhi bhi hai, or Reyansh ne kaha hai mumma ko bolna to drink bournvita as he does. I still miss you, please be alright" he kissed her knuckles, continuing to her forehead and her cheeks. He sat back and kept looking at her. She was still under the effects of medication snoring. He chuckled at himself.

"itna bola maine, kuch suna bhi nahi hoga isne, par koi baat nahi ek din sunegi bhi" he was smiling, all the time as he talked to her as he stared at her. The smile was serene and tranquil. The pain, the tormenting memories, the grief of the loss everything just felt a bit easier just by holding her hand. That was their moment, their moment of the lost love, which seemed to be finding its way back.

The room was in absolute tranquility. The clock were ticking, but the moment was still, beautiful and soul stirring. For how long he stayed, no one had the count. He felt himself a little less peccant, with just being with her. May be the things could be better, than they both were thinking. May be everything can fall back into place. May be they can mourn together and step together in for the next challenge the life would be throwing at them. May be they can be together. Every relationship goes through a rough phase, they all have the downs, the difference is just the way of dealing it. They did it the wrong way, and may be it was not late to do that the right way.

Sidharth's eyes were still fixated at her, and he did not want to leave but it was now time to leave, else Ishika would definitely kill him with her bare hands. He pressed his lips to her forehead, and caressing her face softly he left, asking her to take care and having many glances of her. Talking to her made his heart light, and it was less in pain. He wanted to talk to Reyansh now. Suddenly he just felt happy. He was so excited like a child at the candy store. He wanted to talk so much about her to Reyansh. He ran out of the hospital and drove back home.

When Ishika returned see saw Sidharth sitting and looking at Sana in silence. No words no sound, just pin drop silence. She so wanted to beat the hell out him, but his face spoke the truth and how much she hated for that moment she couldn't disturb him so she left, to let him have his moment.

It was 12, when Sidharth returned. He went straight to check on Maa if she was asleep. He opened the gate and saw her sleeping. Closing he was going out when he heard Maa.

"Sidharth, aa gaya" the creak of the door has awaken her, although she was not in deep sleep.

"Maa aap abhi soye nahi, itna late ho gaya hai", Sidharth asked, a little worried entering back in the room. Maa was seated up on the bed.

"Tu nahi aaya tha toh main kaise so skti thi" Maa excused. "Idhar aa", Maa added, gesturing him to sit beside her him. He followed what she said and sat beside her.

"Thik hai woh"

"Hnn......k..kon Maa" he stammered.

"Jisese tu abhi milke aaya, Sana se milne gaya tha na" Maa asked with a subtle smile.

"Maa", he was embarassed of being caught and his cheeks heated, like a teenager who was being caught.

"Beta...tu or Sana, life ke ek aise phase mein ho jahan tum dono ko sabse jyda jarurat ek dusre ki hai.....par dekho ek dusre ko, tum dono hi alag ho. Hai na!! Sidharth, tu ab chota nahi hai, ki main tujhe smajhaun ki kya sahi hai kya galat, lekin han jab bhi tu ulajh jaata hai toh main hun. Lekin tu apne aap se pooch, tu kya feel karta hai uske liye. Mujhe nahi pata kyu tum dono kyun aise alag hue.......Jab bhi maine tujhse poocha tune kabhi baat taal di toh kabhi kuch bola hi nahi. Main toh bas itna jaanti, us bachi ne bahut dekha hai itni choti si umar mein. Main maa hun, or main samajh sakti hun woh kaisa feel kar rahi hogi. Yeh ladayi tum dono ki hai toh aise ek dusre se alag tum dono kaise aage badhoge. Tu soch bache, tu kya chahta hai or agar kuch batana chahta hai mujhe to bata de shayad tujhe halka lage" Maa's word warmed his soul with affection. He felt the need to cry out and wail and complain to her about how life has been cheating with him every time. He wanted to ask her to get her Reyansh back and he wanted to know from her if Sana will talk to him, because he has understood the fight he was trying to fight alone can never be fought without her. She is her partner in this and he wanted to win this battle. He wanted to ask so much, but firstly he wanted to tell her, what wrong he did to her. He has to start somewhere, and Maa will understand him.

"Maa........main aapko batana chahta hun.....that I have been so mean to her. Reyansh uska bhi toh beta tha.....par phir bhi maine itna sab kuch kar diya...... mujhe nahi pata, par maine bahut galat kiya hai, I have been so rude to her, shayad I was blinded by anger or maine usko aisi cheez ke liye blame kiya jo woh kabhi soch bhi nahi sakti thi.....", and he opened all the locked secrets to Maa.

Hearing all he said, he was rewarded with the slap across his face. Maa was burning with rage, she was so angry and the heat radiating from her, could be felt.

"Sidharth leave", she blasted. Sidharth was shocked with what just happened. He with his head hung low, left the room.

Maa was shattered to know what his son did. How was he even able to think that a mother can do any such thing for which he blamed her. It was gut wrenching to know about her plight, and still Sana never complained about her miseries. She cried, for Sana. Whole year she has been looking after Sidharth consoling him for the loss, but that girl she didn't get any. She was so grateful to Ishika to have looked after her Sana. Sana's decision to not come back to him, to not even look at him, to not stay made sense to her.

🌠🌠🌠🌠🌠🌠🌠🌠🌠🌠🌠🌠🌠🌠🌠🌠🌠🌠🌠🌠🌠🌠🌠🌠

Thankyou for reading. Do comment and vote and follow and share. Do whatever, but keep loving and supporting. Lots of love ❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤