55

The ding dong of the door bell resonated in the empty house and Ishika was on her heels. As she opened the door, she was surprisingly shocked, never expecting him to be standing outside their home. Something she still was not able to believe even after seeing him in person. The pen that was held by her teeth fell, and she felt how clumsy she was at the moment, with her hairs tied messily, glasses on, a big baggy tshirt, and shorts, pen in her mouth. For a moment the thought of closing the door crossed her mind, but she just can't do that.

"Hi, Ishika", Rachit greeted her, smiling ear to ear. She smiled awkwardly, at him and made no movements further. Rachit and Ishika stood at the door looking everywhere around. He was awkward, not understanding if he did the right thing by coming, and she was not knowing what was to be done further. Meeting him in office was a completely different deal but right now him standing at just a few steps away from her, at her home, it was a completely different and a strained situation.

"Ummm.....how are you?", Rachit asked, a bit awkward and anticipating he might not be allowed in and whatever he wishes to talk, he needs to at the door step.

"I am good and you", Ishika responded hastily, trying to sound confident, and failing at it miserably. She smiled at him, and he did the same, both perplexed at the situation in hand, where no one was understanding what was to be done.

"Umm......can I come in", Rachit hesitantly asked her, and she was more embarrassed than she already was, for making him stand outside. She gestured him to come in, visibly red-faced, and head hung with a disappointment in her own self. "duffer.....idiot", she blessed herself with a few profanities, as she followed him in. "Manners Ishika, how stupid of you", she continued muttering, still following him, until she bumped into him. Rachit, stilled as he reached the living area, and looked around to see the house. It was cozy, and warm, with the way its interior and colours were. The calmness, and welcoming environment.

"Sorry, sorry...I didn't mean too...I am so sorry", Ishika jumped back, as she bumped into him, because she was lost, and completely zoned out from the place she was in. He turned back, to see her being nervous, and apprehensive. Holding her at her shoulders, he calmed her hyper nerves, and her trying to be overly perfect.

"Hey, relax, it's okay.....jabse aaya hun you are so nervous.....don't be please", he assured, and added "it's okay, it happens at time....relax karo.....or apna hi ghar smjho" and it was followed few giggles, and chuckles.

"I am sorry...actually the thing is that I didn't expect you, or suddenly, I saw you toh mujhe kuch samjah nahi aaya kya karun" Ishika blurted in a breath, and bit her tongue comprehending her words.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to....shit yaar pata nahi aaj kya ho gaya hai"

"Oyeee.....relax Ishi", he joked, leaving her wide eyed. "Baith jaaun?", he further asked, she nodded and offered him coffee to drink, which he denied politely reasoning, he just had a cup of coffee.

"So, what brings you here?", Ishika queried, seating down on the plush sofa chair, joining him.

"Actually, main Sana ko call kar rha tha, but all went unanswered. Kal usne jo batya, uske baad I wanted to know if she needs any help.....and I did not have your contact number, so I thought mil leta hun..shayad kuch kaam aa jaaun", he responded.

"Ohhh.....waise Sana toh Sidharth ke pass hi gayi hai, or kaafi time bhi ho gaya hai, toh when you came I was actually expecting her....pata nahi kya hua hoga wahan...maine bhi socha call karun, but then I decided to leave them alone for sometime."

"Oh, that's wonderful....", and it was a silence again, not knowing what to say, not knowing what to ask, just looking around the same walls, and paintings and pretending to be amused by them, when they have nothing to to. "waise you look different", Rachit praised, making her shy, something which hardly came to her. Never had any compliment made her blush neither has she felt the heating of her cheeks. It was rare.