42

The night was a special kind of blackness, the kind that wants only to hold the stars and help them to shine all the brighter. It was a warm black that hugged you no matter what, and within its safety and one could feel their own soul all the more clearly, that innocent inborn spark.

After the blackness of night, the calm tranquil darkness, earth's star rises on the horizon, spreading the gold in every direction. It comes in the way that natural forces do, needing no invitation yet feeling welcomed.

She woke up with the sun, while he slept, as he was wide awake the whole night talking to Reyansh, about him, about Sana, and about how he felt the need to hold him tight. Telling him how he wish he could run back in the time and have stayed with him when he was in pain. Telling him how he wished to correct all those mistakes that he made and hurt him or Sana, or anyone. But mistakes are made they are a part of life. We shouldn't we ashamed of making mistakes but we should never forget to seek the lesson it imparts, to learn the lessons of life that mistake has made you understand. And to make a promise to yourself to not commit that mistake over and over.

This is us, we learn from the mistakes we do, and life is all about learning. Learn the life to live a life. He has cried again, even when he planned he will not, not when he promised Reyansh, but he was bound to break that promise mote often. This was the only way he knew to let his pain flow. Cry. And he did last night too. The rising sun, and golden hue it spread made him realize that he has been up the whole night.

"Good morning Reyansh, but Papa needs a sleep baby" he wished a good night to him and plopped on his bed to sleep for the few hours that he could sneak out of the packed schedule. It was going to be a long day.

Sana had her eyes fixed on her phone, in the hope of a message. She hoped a text from him, as she has been receiving from the last few days, and was used to it now, she wished for the same today...when none came it saddedned her.

"Tu kyun nahi kr skti phele, ho skta hai kahi busy ho" she cajoled her foul mood. She picked her phone and sent the text which read a simple good morning. And kept her phone back. But her eyes never left the sight of the phone. A ping, but not from him worsened her mood further.

"Idiot, duffer reply kyun nahi kar rha hai" , she muttered to herself and was shocked with realisation of how she behaved like those teen couples who wait for a single text from their crush. She cringed on that thought, but her blood rushed to her cheeks. "Oh goodness! He is your pati Sana".

The constant muttering and murmuring was closely observed by Ishika, she wanted to laugh hard at those faces, but did the opposite and stayed shut, just observing her every moment, the way her brows knitted, the way she had a her eyes fixed on the phone, and how suddenly her face shaded in red. She faked cleared her throat, alarming Sana. Sana turned motionless as she did that, and focused on eating, and this time Ishika didn't control herself as she broke into pearls of laughter. Sana was mess now, as she was embarrassed, too embarrassed for the moment.

"Sana....ya..yaar tu poori circus hai matlab I have been controlling myself for long but look at you", Ishika managed to utter few words, as she held her hurting stomach "aise kya ho gaya hai, tu toh aise sharma rahi hai, like you have been caught in the middle of your action", and she laughed louder seeing Sana so red. Ishika's words took Sana to the imagination trip and it made her more red. All the what ifs and the probable reactions and situations, she visualised all.

"Shut up, Ishi, kuch bhi bol rhi hai", Sana tried to ward off her words but she couldn't control the way her senses reacted to it.

"Awww....tu kaise shrama rahi hai", she cooed and pulled her cheeks, way too much, leaving her whimpering.