68

"Are jaao bacho aaram karo, thak gaye hoge" Maa dismissed them, and asked them to rest since it was a long day and with the heavy dress and the jewelry, would have tired her and him.

Sana and Sidharth nodded their heads, and left for their room. On the way to room, Sana watched everything intently. Nothing was changed, absolutely nothing. Everything was just the way it was when she left, and it was still the same. Yet it was all different. Everything looked so new to her despite not being new. The change they had, she had, it made the things look so. Sidharth was by her side, walking every step with her holding her hands, interlaced fingers and he knew it was all, probably everything. Her eyes wandered every nook and corner, and she saw only Reyansh, in every part of this house. It was coloured with his smiles, it resonated his blabbers, his shrill cries when he would be hungry, his whines on not being held by Sidharth. And her already bleeding heart bled more, as the thought coursed of how he lived here, with Reyansh all around him every second, every moment. Her heart sank thinking of the grief, he endured, alone. She saw him, his smile and those bright shining eyes, her heart beat rose, erratic. He was fighting his pains with a smile, hard enough to conceal all his sufferings, to put a curtain to the torments of the long and lonely nights.

He turned sideways, as he felt the back of his palm touched by her trembling lips. "Sweetheart"

"I love you" she confessed, and he blushed.

"Come" he pulled her inside the room. It wasn't decorated with flowers or candles or anything that of a newly wed couple room is. It was in its rawest form. Clean, managed and serene. She could see them in that room. It was their room, room for others but a archive of their memories for her.

"Change, and rest I will get water" Sidharth said and turned to leave to get the water. She wanted to stop him, but acted otherwise. Being alone in the room terrified her. The moment he was out, she felt herself loosing the sanity bit by bit. Opening her eyes and look around, was nothing less than a torture. She rushed to the washroom, and splashed cold water to her tear stricken face. "Reyansh", she sobbed, and continued splashing the water trying hard to stop those tears, but failed. It was her happy day and was meant to be happy, she was happy, but how does she cure the pain that cripples in her and flows like the blood. Reyansh was her part, her flesh and blood, her child and can a mother love anyone more than she loves her child. Probably no. Everything takes a backseat, with the birth of a child. But then one day it just feels like a dream that has come to end like a nightmare.

"NO Sana, Reyansh to saath hai tere, usne bola tha not to cry........Ishika ne bhi bola tha main roungi to usko bura lagega, he will be hurt and I can't hurt my baby...haina...shhh", she lulled herself, building her back again from the shatters. His words worked, he still channeled strength to her, even when he was not around. She freshened up, and came out in his t-shirt that was in the washroom.

Sidharth filled up the bottle and before leaving to the room he checked on Maa. She was asleep. Tired from the function with her age it was understandable how she fell asleep that quick. Closing the door of her room, without any noise he returned to his room. He felt her lips quiver, when she kissed his hand, as if she was controlling hard not to cry and he was visibly worried for the same. Understanding of what she felt, he didn't say further. He has felt that every day, every moment confined in these walls which sometimes suffocated him. Returning back from office, shook him with the grief of not having to see his son waiting for him. The void, like the black hole always ready to pull him in it, where he would loose himself completely.

Tonight, he feared the same for her, and he knew he will be damned if this black hole sucked her in, and if she looses herself. But he was determined too, to be an anchor to her, and hold strong at bay and away from, drowning. His knees buckled and heart fell in the depth of his gut as he entered to a crying Sana. His heart broke. Seeing her in his t-shirt would have lightened his face with a smile, but the tears in her eyes desolated him.