45

Sidharth was growing anxious every passing second, as he waited for the phone to beep with the awaited reply. He paced the floor of the room, biting his nails. All the unpleasing possibilities were ringing in his head. He tried to control the urge to see her, to go and hold her tight, untill she is okay, until she is fine. His paitenece was thinning with the passing second, and when he ran out of his paitenece he grabbed the phone and dialled her. It ringed, and it kept ringing untill replaced by the computerised voice. He dialled again, only to hear the computerised voice informing that the person is not answering his call. Frustrated with the helplessness, he threw the phone on the bed, and sat on the couch.

"Reyansh, tell mumma to call me back, I am going nuts baba, tell her, Papa needs to talk to her right now" and just like that he let it out to Reyansh, his source of sanity, in the maddening silence around.

"Is she okay?" he aksed again to the encased still of his son, that hung on the wall.

"Bol na be.... " he would have continued, but his ringing cellphone brought him on his heels and smile on his face that did not last longer. Frowns replaced the smile, as he answered the call.

"Hello" Sidharth spoke, sternly and enraged too. The moment was not right for such person to call him.

"Can we meet Sidharth" the other end aksed, calmly.

"No, I don't think we can" he denied,

"Please, its important"

"Why, what so important that you wish to meet me"

"It's about Sana" and the phone call ended, leaving a inquisitively anxious Sidharth behind.

*************

Ishika woke up with a hammering head and, looked for her phone. It was 5:45pm. She let out a exasperated sigh, as the last few hours flashed before her, and she felt guilty when she was reminded of the crying face of Sana.

"Shit Ishika, kya kiya yaar, fuck" she admonished her behavior, but she wasn't sorry for it. Her way might have been wrong but she was hurt, very hurt.

"She must be crying, Idiot" she thought, and came out of the room. Her room was locked, as she has guessed. She quietly walked to the kitchen, and got the dinner ready. While cooking, she contemplated on the situation, on her possible reasons, and tried to understand her dilemmas. The cluttering of the utensils, woke Sana, with a jerk. She looked around understanding the things. Her body ached, her eyes pained even to keep them open. She groaned in pain, as she moved a inch of her body. Picking up the picture, that stuck to her chest a while back, she seeked the much needed strength from him. This needs to reach its end, something was needed out of this. "Baby, look after Mumma, she needs you, please help Mumma,", she cooed, and kissed the picture, as if kissing her Reyansh.

She got up, and floundered to the washroom, with the drumming head, and puffy painful red eyes. She looked herself in the mirror, and squeaked in horror looking at her ownself, she really looked awful. "Sana tujhe agar abhi koi dekhega toh dar se heart attack aa jaaega",.

Splashing the cold water, and looking a little less of a mess, she walked out. The click of the door, made Ishika turn her head quickly to the door to see her, and as soon as she did that, she turned her head back too, with the same speed. She didn't want to show her that she was worried.

Sana looked up at her, and smiled seeing the food she has made. The simple but inviting food. Roti and gobhi-aloo, had never made her feel so happy as it did now. Not the food, but the fact that she made it, even when she is mad at her, and hurt, her heart swelled in love for her. She understood her reaction, for the care she has for her, the outburst seemed justified. It was wrong on her part to hide things from her. To keep her away from such a important part of her life. Sidharth was not bad, and Ishika knows that too, but whatever she has seen in the times gone by, a disliking did take birth. Sana was now determined that she will do all in her powers to make her smile. She tip toed and stood beside her, in hope of any reaction. Ishika had her eyes on her every movement but she kept quiet, observing her and letting her do what she wishes to.