54

"We want to marry again, Maa", Sana announced, leaving everyone in smiles. Maa had tears in her eyes, hearing this. She was happy would be an understatement for what she felt. She was thrilled and her face gave away the exhilaration that came with the decision, the two had taken. The path that has been chosen by them for themselves, of togetherness, of love of affection and companionship, was everything she wanted for her children. Her eyes turned glassy, with sheer joy. It's so usual, yet rare at how every time we are over the top or down in dumps, it comes through are eyes, in form of those streams running down.

Usha didi couldn't contain her happiness, and she pulled Sana and embraced her lovingly. To show the excitement she even showed a few moves, making Sidharth and Sana join her too. Both obliged, with smiles and a few sneaky glances. Maa was overwhelmed, seeing them so happy. She wiped away the tears that threatened to flow, as Sana turned to her and pulled her too for a few moves. Maa caressed her face lovingly and clapped for Usha didi who was still tuning to the inaudible tunes and beats.

"Maaji, dekha aapne, bhgwaanji ne sun li, ab aap bas tension free raho, or ab bahar ki stories ab band, main aapko ab aapke bete ki khaniya bataugi...haina bhaiya", Usha didi shrieked, making Maa lugh, and Sidharth frown at her choice for words.

"Usha didi, meri khaniya matlab.... maine kya kiya hai", he spoke, sounding offeneded. Usha didi cared less, and countered him "Are bhaiya...wahi baatien jo main kitchen main dekhti thi..", her statement left both Sana and Sidharth flushed.

"Usha didi", Sana gasped, trying to stop her, from opening her big mouth, and leaving her embarrassed in front of Maa.

Both the elderly ladies laughed at the flushed faces of the two. The harships, the losses, the separation, all came, and tested. The times turned harsh, it was difficult to keep going, and easy to giveup, but then the hope in last ray of the sun before its sets promising of a morning as blissful as life, finds its way to life, and revive the wilted leaves leaving them to dance in the breeze of the serenity. Love came to them just like that ray which promised for a revival of that dying hope. The happy faces were the reflection of that hope, which were trying to find back the peace, which were trying to curb the restlessness and have finally found it.

"Maa, ab main jaaun?", Sana asked in her feeble voice, as they sat in the living area, after a day of together cooking, chatting, gossiping, laughing and crying. Sidharth was with them all the time. There was not a single moment where he left her side, sneaking glances, teasing her by making those weird faces, and doing things subtly that she could not hold back the dazzling smile. Her question surprised Maa, and with brows knitted she queried "Jaa rhi hun, matlab? Kahan jaa rhi hai, bache, or kyun?"

"Maa, main ghar jaa rhi hun", she stated simply, not actually knowing the grave impact of it. Along with Maa, Sidharth had frowns too, and before Sidharth could come up with a reply, Maa piqued "or yeh ghar nahi hai kya", from her words it was easy to collect, she did not like the idea of what Sana said.

"Maa, yeh bhi ghar hai mera, par..ummm...abhi toh mujhe wapas shaadi karni haina aapke bete se, toh main jaaungi tabhi toh aaaungi, hai naa", she tried to put across her thought, and Maa did understood what she said, but was adamant on not letting her go.

"Toh kya hua, tu kahi nahi jaaegi", she announced looking straight into nothing. Sana smiled, and held her wrinkled plam into her.

"Maa, Ishika akeli hai, or use kuch pata bhi nahi hai, or main chahti hun aapka beta le kar aaye mujhe, haq se", and Maa finally had to give in to her demands, unwillingly. However, Sidharth still had the cranky face on, not ready to agree to her demands, he wanted to deny and hold her back with him, but stayed quiet, hinting to his disagreement.

She looked at him, and saddened seeing him not looking at her. It would not been a big deal otherwise, but hearing Maa, she understood that it might have hurt him too, though unintentionally, and him avoiding her was the proof to it. Like mother, like son.