50

"What?" Rachit exclaimed horrified at what he heard about what Sana has done, and palmed his head, exasperated at the two crazy heads. The trio, sat in a café for a break. Ishika has been laughing since the time Sana told her all that happened at the date and was still laughing visualizing Sidharth's face, and more on Sana's stupidity. She has laughed like a maniac when Sana narrated her date, not the breakdown but what followed. And she was laughing even recalling what Sana has apprised her with.

"Ishika hasna band kar de aisa bhi kuch funny nahi hua hai", Sana was irked with her constant sneering and mocking.

"Pata hai, par pata nahi mujhko hasi aa rahi hai, hayee bechara", Ishika said and started laughing again. Sana was annoyed and embrassed too. She couldn't fathom her own move and the reasons to it. What made her do all the crap she did. She looked at her fiddling fingers, all red out of embarrassment.

"But Sana kya hua tumko, why did you do that, kya aaya dimaag mein" Rachit asked her ignoring laughing Ishika.

"Pata nahi" Sana murmured not meeting her eyes, with him.

"Are you not sure, do have some doubts, I mean is there something you want to share?" Rachit asked concerned for both. He was not able to understand her today. And he was genuinely concerned for both of them. All he wished was their happiness, their love, their togetherness.

"No no, I don't have any doubts, not at all" she defended in an instant. "par mujhe khud hi samajh nahi aaya, main shayad bahut jyda shock ho gyi thi, or maybe I was so overwhelmed, I was too surprised and shock at the same time, main kuch bol hi nahi paayi" her words rolled muddled.

**************

"Please Marry me, sweetheart", Sidharth breathed with their foreheads joined. There eyes were closed, relishing the calm, the peace that surged in through them,and left them in tears. Hearts racing, but still calm, breaths heavy but refreshing. Her eyes shot open at his words and she looked at him perplexed. She couldn't understand the suuden question and why did it popped. They were already married, weren't they? The question was not easy for her to decipher.

He smiled at her amused face, knowing very well what all was running in her mind. He has anticipated her reactions when he would say it, and he anticapted much more, the silent muddled look was one of them. Cupping her face, he spoke, much of a whisper " I know you are surprised or may be a shocked and you might be having thousands of questions. Haina?", she nodded affirming with him.

"Shaadi kyun karni hai, jab we are already married", he said, and the realisation that they are still married it resonated in her, vibrating through her. She has known all this while, so does he, but right now...as he said that..she felt it to be more true than the truth. It felt validated, more authentic, and more real, as if it was needed for him to say that, they were still one, they were still tied beautifully.

"But I want to marry you again, to start it fresh, to live it again. All this while, when we were not together, all I thought was about you, and believe me I am not lying. Sometimes it was out of anger, but more out of the love that we lost. Bahut socha maine, bahut, maine jo kiya woh mujhe karna chaiye tha, jo maine kaha woh kyun kaha, I also wondered that did I believe that, you, my Sana can betray me ever, lekin jab bhi yeh sochta tha, I had this pinch in my heart, and it never let me believe on myself, on my mind. And the answer that always came was a big No. " her eyes were watery again, and the already wet face was running more wet. He was wiping away her tears as they rolled, but his tears did not stop too.

"When I saw you that day, at the café, I believed my eyes, when my heart screamed to not, but I did, and I am sorry that I have let 'us' down, and I am ready to say sorry all my life for what I did.", she gasped, hearing him. Her hold around him tightened, and her eyes remained fixated at him. His lips sometimes quivered, and at times he took them between his teeth to curb himself from crying. She was noticing it all. Her heart was jumping and falling every second and it was speeding up every second. The warmth was where she was, in his arms, yet at times as she recalled all those sorrowful days, the coldness was sensed.