91

37th week

"We can spot a nuchal cord, in simple terms if I say the umbical chord has been wrapped around the baby's neck, and with the ultrasound images we have, we can depict one loop around the neck" the doctor stated, leaving them in jitters. Nuchal cord, is not a severe complication, that might prove fatal for the baby, untill it has been too tight to obstruct the flow of the blood and oxygen to the baby.

"Doctor, how did it happen?" Sidharth asked worried, holding Sana's shivering hand. She has already turned cold with the news. And the grief and fear, gnawed her brutally, again.

"Sidharth, please do not worry there is nothing to worry about. The movements of baby, makes the umbical cord move along and it is common to babies. Thier movements cause it, and there is nothing serious, please do not stress Sana. Stress is more injurious. All you both need to do is, just relax. Ho skta hai, hume kuch krna hi na pade and the baby get out of its hold on its own." her words of consolation and they feel a bit relieved yet the feeling still prevelant, tearing them.

"Do we need to go for C-section?" Sidharth inquired further, while Sana seated there numb, eyes ready to rain.

"It depends on the situation, as of now I don't think there would be any need for the C-section. I would suggest you both to relax. Jyda pareshaan honi ke baat nahi hai......we will keep on checking the baby, keeping a track of its movement and I believe, woh khud hi us loop se bahar aa jaayega ya aa jaayegi, since it is one loop only" she assured them. Sidharth nodded trying to take in her words of assurance and be sure of the well being if their baby, who has been so active all the while, and has been kicking and moving good enough, to not worry. The growth have been good, as their doctor has implied.

"Relax, parents. The baby is fine. Go home, eat and rest. Okay Sana. Pareshaan nahi hona kuch bhi alag lagta hai I am just right there.....okay. And waise bhi you saw your baby, today did you notice how active it is....I am sure he or she is going to be super naughty.....so be ready parents, to be sleep deprived" she laughed, making them smile too. Indeed they are going to have a tough time. Raising a baby is no childs play.

"Sidharth.......are we going to..." Sana squirmed and shook in his hold as they both laid back in thier bed. Her words halting as her lips quivered and body trembled to even think of something so absurd, and even try to say it.

"Shhh....baby.....no bas baccha kuch nahi hoga......bharosa hai na tujhe mujh par??" though his own heart thudded with the fear unknown yet he knew they will be fine, at the end, they all will be okay, and together. All day, after the appointment he has been reading articles and seeing the vlogs of the mothers, and doctor who delivered such cases and has concluded, this was common and it was rare that they would have to go for C-section. Normal delivery is possible. His eyes have betrayed him time and again, thinking of the possibilities of their case to being in the strata of the few percent of fatal cases. Fear, the demons of past, they hardly leave you ever, and even if they do the scars are evident of their presence in your life.

"Pkkaa......promise kar kuch nahi hoga tu kuch nahi hone dega" her sobs, turned quite as the coldness gripped her.

"I promise"

"Sidharth mat kar, kyu karta hai tu aise" Sana glared, reprimanding Sidharth for his acts.

"Kya kiya maine sweetheart"

"Tu usko irritate kr rha hai.....nahi baby don't cry....bas bas don't look at him okay.....look at mumma, Mumma will tell you a story" she lulled Aayansh, as he wailed, with Sidharth kissing him, when clearly do not want to be kissed. Kids and their ways.