47

"Apni biwi ke liye, date plan krna kitna mushkil hota hai yeh maine socha nahi tha yaar" Sidharth ranted, as he submerged into his preparation. He wanted everything perfect. Not a pin away from its place. Everything of her likes and preferences. The meet, the most awaited meet, that laid ahead will be the turning point, either for the better or for the worst. Though he did every bit in him to stay calm, the anticipation of the night, the long long night was not letting him.

"Has le tu bhi" he looked at Reyansh, and feigning anger he sneered at him. "Help kuch kar nahi raha hai or mujhko dekh kar has rha hai, Reyansh at least don't make fun of me. Pata hai I am bad at such things, but koshish kar rha hun na main."

This big man, was the innocent child at heart, who didn't want to be mocked by his son. That still, encased, gave him a hope to live. That encased picture heard all his unsaid stories, heard all his perplexity, saw all his crying nights, and forced smiles. It was that picture that saw longing for his wife, that saw him blaming himself for the unwanted tradegy, that picture saw him being angry on his wife at times and blaming her, and then regretting it. It has seen all, and been through all with him. Now was the time to welcome the happy him, and how was he supposed not be with him. He was and will always. It doesn't matter if its in a picture.

"Reyansh, Mumma maan jaaegi...she...woh woh aayegi na wapas.....nahi aayi toh....toh...nahi woh aayegi bol na baccha. Tujhe maine batya tha na jab main usko peheli baar mila tha, mujhe aaj waisa hi lag rha hai, ekdum aise dhak dhak ho rhi....samajh rha hai na tu....tu hi toh smjh skta hai. Tujhe pata hai jab tu humare paas nahi aaya tha, teri mumma kya nautanki thi....matlab har baat hurt ho jaati thi...har baat gussa...par mujhe maja aata tha....usko gussa karne mein nahi but usko manane mein or woh jhat se maan bhi jaati thi......aaj bhi maan jaaye...abhi...main....mujhe na...I am scared like I am freaking out, but its enough now, ho gaya abhi bahut mujhe ab rehna hi nahi uske bina, saala kuch acha hi nahi lagta...." and he bit his tongue instantly.

"Sorry, sorry. Tu mat bolna warna teri Maa maaregi mujhe. Hmesha bolti thi isko sab galat cheezien main hi seekhata hun, par aisa nahi hai na" he chuckled.

"Yaar main usko kaise poochun, matlab aise normally poochun.....nahi nahi....speech ready karke jaaunga....tujhe suna kar jaaunga.....nahi yaar tu hasega mujh par" he was nervous once again, with the thought of what might happen. He, who would confidently handle meetings without any much prior preparation, was all nervous, but then it was no other meeting, with the unknown faces, or where they were to talk about the profits and loss, but it was her, with whom he wanted a life ahead, and expressing his heart, now was suddenly being difficult, much more than he thought it would. The set up, the decor, it was secondary, and it was easy to do, but the thing that held the primary importance left him strung out. He knew what all he has to say, and what he needs to do, and he also knew planning things like this never go the way one wants, and this was what left him stressing and into nail-biting.

He chuckled at the thought of what Reyansh would have said, if he would have been here. He would have dramatically face-palmed himself and with the same darma in his tone he would have said "Ohooo Papa, don't worry, main hun na, mujhe le kar chal na my charm will work".

"I wish beta, tu hota abhi....toh shayad yeh sab nahi hota", and he blinked away the tears as quickly as they came. He made a promise to his son not to cry, and he has done his every bit to keep that promise, but sometimes the tears just don't listen to him.

"My baby, Papa miss you, and you know one thing that I can never stop, doing that" kissing him, he left.

******

"Yaar apne hi pati ke saath date pe jaane ke liye main itni nervous ho rhi hun jaise pehli baar jaa rhi hun. Relax kar Sana, Sidharth hi toh hai, itna kya......par Sana Sidharth hai.....Mera beta hai na tu, meri laaj rakh lena, dekhna main kuch ut-patang harkatein na karun, tu toh jaanta hai teri maa ka syappa hi nahi khatam hota hai......hayee Reyasnh...." Sana thumped on the bed. Since the time Sidharth has wished to meet her, she has gone bonkers. Meeting him suddenly made her nervous, and just a thought was making her blush like the newly weds. Checking for the dress to footwears to makeup to everything felt unreal, and new, when it was not. But with all this mushy and loved feelings, she also felt a fear in the depth of her heart, and her stomach churned too, with that unkown fear. Every time she ward-off the uneasy feeling, with the affectionate one, but deep in one corner of the pit she felt that.