9

Standing in the hall panting Sana felt the pain rising in her lower abdomen. The pain slowly started to build as she felt, it was the time. She has been waiting for this day for months now, for their baby, to welcome the baby in this new world and to be a mother. The time to get a new life. Its not only the child that is being born, but a mother too. A child makes a woman a mother. Your birthday is just not your birthday but your mothers too. (Do not forget to wish her when she wishes you on your birthday.) The tears gushed, without her realisation and she felt the contraction between her legs intensify. Everything felt shaky, and she grabbed the chair nearby.

"Siddharth" a painful scream of Sana, shuddered a almost sleepy Sidharth and he sprinted out of his room, as if his the floor has caught fire. He saw Sana panting and sweating with pained face.

"Siddharth", she wheezed holding the chair for the support as soon as she saw him. Sidharth seeing her condition became nervous, and was in self doubt. He didn't knew what was to be done and how.

"Maa", Sidharth screamed holding Sana and rubbing her back in order to sooth her pain. At this moment he felt himself to be so small infront the woman standing in unbearable pain to give birth to a new life, to their baby. He couldn't even share her pain. He felt awful. "I am so sorry baby, mein tera dard bhi kam nahi kar skta, I am so helpless baby", he sweet talked her.

"Aaaahhh", Sidharth cried with pain as Sana bunched his hair tight.

"Sidharth, abhi na mujhe bahut dard ho raha hai toh bakwaas mat kr please", she warned him, and the pain that was eating her, was making her cry. Maa was already out of her room as she heard Sana screaming Sidharth, and speed up on Sidharth's voice.

"Sidharth bacha, get the car ready, and call the doctor, its time now." Maa instructed him and made Sana sit on the chair. Sidharth was as fast as lightning and they were soon on the way to hospital. Sana's cries were increasing and making Sidharth cry too. Sidharth kept wiping his tears away, not letting them come to notice, but with every pained whimper of Sana, they rolled back.

"Sana baby breathe" Sidharth whisphered with his cracked voice and maa kept caressing her face.

"Han Sana, bacha, breathe, sab thik hai bas thodi der, deep breathe" she enacted, with her, but the pain denied to go down even a bit.

"Maa, bahut dard ho rha hai", Sana managed to speak amidst sobs, and Maa kept rubbing her to sooth her.

As they entered the premises of the hospital Sana felt a relief. Sidharth was still edgy and highly strung. His hand shivered as he held Sana out of the car. Sana felt the shiver and looked at him. "We are strong Sidharth, you and me are one, haina". It worked and he was charged for the coming phase.

Sana was wheeled in the room. She saw Sidharth biting his nails and she felt nervous and low. She needed him more than anything. She was get weak and this was not helping. Him being nervous was making her hyper.

"Sidharth" she called for him. He ambled to her with a shivering self.

"Baby, everything is fine don't worry okay, and breathe, or yaad rkhana tu sabse jyda strong hai", Sidharth boosted despite his own condition.

"Sidharth", she raised her hands for him to hold, he did. "Idhar dekh...main strong hun par tere bina nahi, tu bilkul bhi stress mat le sab thik hai dekh main thik hun or kuch hi der main we are going to be parents hai na, please Sidharth"

"Hun main strong, baby par main dara hua hun, I am scared for you, I can't be me without you, mujhe nahi pata or kuch" he confessed and she smiled at her big baby.

"Idhar aa" she held his face and lowered it to meet her lips with his, for the kiss of strength.

"I love you, sabse jyda, smajha"

"I love you baby, I love you so much, I don't know main kya krta agar tu nahi hoti, or tu itni strong hai, itni perfect, my perfect mumma" he smiled at her and again preseed a kiss on her lips. Doctors were soon inside the room for the delivery. Sidharth kept kissing her till he was asked to wait outside. "I love you Sana" he left whispehering.

When the labour began the pain was more intense than anything Sana had ever imagined. The room was only the bed and four walls, her helpers melting into the background as if they weren't even there. Her body went numb with the pain, more than flesh and blood could stand. With each contraction came a pain that dominated Sana's entire being. In those moments, for those seconds that stretched into infinity, there was nothing else. She could hear screaming from other rooms, yet she made no sound at all. When the pain passed it was only for a minute or so and she breathed with closed eyes, unwilling to re-engage with life outside of her own body. The room seemed a vacuum with no one around, until the midwife contacted her, for a response. To reply she had to find herself from the recession, and open her eyes which was the most strenuous task. The midwife was telling her that is was time, time to push. With a guttural grunt she did so and was told to stop, one was enough. She felt the baby crowning, the hot stretching of flesh and held her breath. Without any further effort the baby slid into the hands of the midwife. There was elation, a baby boy at last, and in seconds he was there, nascent eyes opening, mouth rooting for milk, soft and pink limbs, and loud shrieking cries. That sound made her alive and all the pain she suffered was worthy of. He was covered in her blood and despite everything he looked like a bundle of sunshine. A ray of hope and a ray of life.

After, when her child was born, it was as if only sunshine existed the world, as if all the earth was ushered into harmony. She looked into those new eyes, a new consciousness, perfect and reaching out for her love. In that instant she knew she would do anything to protect her child, that her love was as vast as the universe yet solid as rock. She was a mother and would always be. The moment felt serene when he came to lay on warm chest. The tears that were inhibited by time now were a open tap. She felt she was a mother, and heart warmed up when his small hands touched her face, and those little eyes opened with the brightest shine. Sana saw her whole world in those beautiful eyes, and there was nothing more beautiful than that.

"Hi my love" she cooed with the left strength and kissed his small fist that was on her lips. It was such a perfect moment. "You know I and your papa waited for you so much, my little boy" Sana was feeling all charged up with him being so close to her. The pain she endured, had the most beautiful result, most perfect results. She kissed him once, before the helpers took him to be wrapped.

🌠🌠🌠🌠🌠🌠🌠🌠🌠🌠🌠🌠🌠🌠🌠🌠🌠🌠🌠🌠🌠🌠🌠🌠

Thankyou for reading. Do not forget to vote and comment.