43

The match was on brink with the excitement levels soaring high. None out there seemed less than the other. A cutthroat competition it was. With every goal, there were applauds and hootings and all the kind of expression, the audience exhibited. A nail biting match. Rachit engrossed himself in the match so much, that he started anticipating the next move of the player, and when the move doesn't go his way, he cursed the person and regreted his descion of not joining the playing squad. There were two teams, which had a good share of every company, some of his were there, some of Sidharth's, some from the company Sana worked for.

Ishika was over the top, as she was made aware of this and not even once the thought crossed to not be a part of it. She jumped and hugged Sana, for she was going to play basket ball. She loved the game, and she knew she will play well for her team. She has awlays been the atheletic kinda person while Sana was the atrstic way. She was playing well, and was able to secure two goals. Rachit, on the other hand was sulking and cribbing, firstly for not being a part of the match and secondly for having no company.

When he saw Sidharth, he felt the bile rise for an instant and the next moment it was woosh, gone. He didn't see him as the culprit anymore, he wasn't the one. He had realised, whatever Sana said, it has left him pondering onto his thoughts and actions, and he has realised that indeed, hate was way heavier and it was better to let it go off. They will not be best friends, after this but he knew after this self realisation Sidharth, and he they could be cordial, and they were. The moment that passed by, he saw that. They were cordial, and indeed a bit friendly and not after each other's throat. And also, the way he looked at Sana, the adoration, the affection, the longing even being close spoke volumes and confirmed all Sana said was nothing but the truth. He indeed loved her, a lot.

The last few minutes were left, and it was just a goal more, to draw. The now winning team needed to hold on to their score for few more seconds and they will be the winners. And all they were doing was defending the goal to its best. And.. They were successful with it, by defending the goal and emerging as the winner. All were elated with the win, and the stadium broke into applauds and whistles and hootings. It was a match but the victory or the loosing it didn't pull down the spirits. It was for enjoyment and everyone did, the winning team and so did the not winning team.

Ishika was the part of the winning team, and as they won, she ran to where Sana was and found it empty. Rachit who was there, smiled at her excited and bouncy form. She was way too excited.

"Well Played, Ishika, you were fantabulous out there, I mean you were just amazing with the way you played." he congratulated her, genuinely. He was surprised seeing her on the ground. She was poles apart from the Ishika he was aware of in the office, to this. She really got some swift moves.

"Thankyou so much sir" she smield widely.

"Ohh....it's fine, call me Rachit. We aren't in the office anymore and I suppose I don't look that old" he joked, and she lauged.

"Ofcourse you don't, and rather you look hot" she blurted, a second passed, and when she realized what she said, she bit her tongue and left saying a quick bye. Rachit chuckled at that and mumbled a thankyou for the compliment.

As he sat he heard her say again, "Rachit, did you see Sana, she was here with you" Ishika asked, still embrassed because of her big mouth.

"Ohh, Sana...ya she was here but she left a few minutes ago, maybe....." and he stopped abruptly as Ishika thanked him and ran off looking for Sana.

**************

"But Sana kya ho gaya agar usne bola bhi it's okay. Woh kuch bhi kare tujhe kya" Sana was seated on a bench, and was still fighting and arguing with herself. She reacted and she didn't want to acknowledge the reason of her getting pissed off. She was pissed off, she understood that, but why she was just not ready to accept that she was actually jealous, of the fact that he agreed for dinner date with some random girl, and not even once asked her.