77

"Maa aaj aapki appointment hai, 1 baje......" Sana came screaming to witness a long face, with the mention of doctor, and hospital and checkups. It was just the regular checkup, and nothing serious. Sidharth would have compiled and accompanied Maa to the hospital only if he had been in town. It was the second day since he has left for the important conference, to Bangalore. Sana has seen him work religiously and sleeplessly in nights too, the past week. At times his indulgence in work and no time for her irked her too, and they had a argument on the same too.

"Sidharth, ab please come and sleep its late" Sana called for him umpteenth and she received the same reply this time too.

"Baby just 5 minutes" he showed his palm depicting the 5 minutes he would require to get done with the work.

"Sidharth pichle ek ghante se yehi sun rhi hun" her tone louder and annoyed.

"Sorry baby, pakka bas 5 minute" though he was being pissed off with the continuous nagging, yet he maitained his calm. Anger and frustration takes out the worst in him and he dreaded that. And also her periods were adding more to her cringing. He didn't blame her, yet it annoyed him. Human nature.

"Ab aaj ke liye bas kr na, aaja kal kr lena"

"Yaar Sana, bola na 5 minute.....ab kaam bhi na krun kya, jaruri hai,warna mujhe bhi raat ko jagne ka koi shauk nahi hai" he snapped, harshly. She gasped and winced at the unusual Sidharth, who was a lot calmer and soft.

"Maine bola kaam chod de.....time dekh 2 baj rhe hein.....sone ka time hota hai, isliye bol rhi hun.....jo karna hai kar par mujhpar apne kaam ka frustration nikalne ki jarurat nahi hai.....or han ab wahi sona, kutta" she scoffed, taking him off guard.

"Fine" he groaned. She slid in the soft, comfortable and warm duvet and threw the pillow at him, receiving a grunting annoyed sound.

And the next moment both sighed for their actions. Sana thought for him, and concluded that this was important and that was the reason he was keeping up at nights, and work has to be given priorities at times because the sleep would definitely not pay him his expenses. Working herself she knew the work pressure, yet failed to understand it with him. Because she wanted him with her, probably. Just human thing. One wants to be attended and pampered by your partner, at times and this was one such time. Though she would have been irked anytime at his overworking but would have understood other times, but being on her periods, that too her second day, she craved pampering and wamrth, and only his.

Sidharth rubbed his plam over his face roughly, and groaned. May be he overdid, he wondered. All she was asking was to rest and that meant my good, and no profit to her, except the cuddle. It was her worry for him speaking. All the nights in this week they have slept late. She never showed it to him, indulging herself in some or the other to be awake untill he is. Nothing to brag, just she didn't like sleeping without him, that's what she claims and he knew for a fact that's true. They were habituated with being entangled and dosing off. And it goes the same with him too. He looked at his work. Just a few more lines and he would be done. He quickly got done with the work, exactly 5 minutes. Though he was asked to sleep on the couch only, he also know that she would love if he sleep beside her. "Mad woman!" he exclaimed as he looked at her sprawled on bed and trying to put on facade of how she was sound asleep, only if he didn't knew her. Only he couldn't decide which side to sleep on, for there was no side left, as she slept in the centre trying to cover the whole of the bed.

Wrapping up with his work and peeing before sleeping, he stood and looked at her. Grabbing his phone from beside, he clicked her picture, and caught her closed eyes squinting. "nautanki" he mumbled and thumped on her.