36

As Sana sat for breakfast her mind pulled her to him. The way he denuded off, his vulnerabilities and his frailty, jiggled her. The way he stripped his soul to her, she cried, and cried more for their unfortunate fate. She held him close as he slept, snuggled up in her warm chest. She cried more and more as every word that left his lips, played in her subconscious. She held him as close as she can, and tried to protect him from himself. Those pained sobs, were not leaving her mind even for a moment, and she couldn't forget all he said. She has always wondered if he ever felt the loss, as much as she does, every moment of her life, but two nights back, she understood that Reyansh was as much as his son, as hers.

Fathers might not just keep ranting that they love you, and they care for you. They not be much affectionate physically, but the care, the love they have was no less. They make sure that you never face a problem ever in life, even if he is not a part of it, he would provide us with protective shield forever. He might not cry, but that never mean that he doesn't feel the pain the scratches on your hands while playing, gave you. His ways of tending your wounds are different. He is that invisible unmbrella that protects from every rain, of life and prepares for you for the all the fights that laid ahead in life. The tough exterior hides the most vulnerable form of a father, that fears to come out because he doesn't want you to feel unsafe or scared even for a moment. His love might not be in words, but his every action, and every movement is for you, and the undying and undivided love. He is the superhero without a cape, and no matter how weak his bones may get as time passes he always got your back.

"Sana kha, kabse dekh rahi hun tu aise baithi hui hai shaant, kuch kha nahi rahi, kya hua hai kuch pareshan kr rha hai toh talk it out you will feel better", Ishika insisted, as Sana has been eating nothing or just an apple or an orange a day.

"Nahi pata, Ishi, but main thik hun" Sana smiled at her weakly. Ishika was so important to her, that everything seemed so difficult without her, and for a fact she knew she would have been still in that shell had Ishika been not been the constant support.

"Tu pakka thik hai", Ishika added, in concern. The last two days have been difficult and tormenting to her ij every aspect.

"Han baba, thik hun, kha ab"

**********************

Sidharth, vaguely remembered what all he said, but not vividly. The dazed flashes ran in his subconscious, but the clear picture was misisng. He just hopes that he didn't blurt something that he might not. He felt so less of himself that he was not able to protect his wife, and it was killing him inside.

When he woke up the next morning, he was surprised to see Sana, he looked around trying to comprehend the place he was at. It looked strange and he assumed it to be her home, and he was happier than surprised at how she held him even after what he did. He admired her sleeping face; it was the what if serenity personified would look like. His fingers softly and tenderly like the feather outlined her face. It was soft, and pinkish, and innocent and perfect. He kept staring at her sleeping face, she looked edible with pouty lips and messed hairs. He has always loved her morning face. It was raw and pure and without any layering, not that she put on a lot makeup, but it was natural and fresh and serene. He wanted to look at this face every morning, and he wished her in his today, tomorrow and forever and he knew what does he need to do. He kissed her forehead, and quietly untangling himself from her he left before she wakes up.

***********

"Ishi, mujhe bhi jaana hai office", Sana interrupted, as Ishika was ready to leave.

"Tu sure hai", Ishika asked, unsure at her words. She was not, there was still a fear, a fraught to be a victim of something like that again, to be met with such people again, she was not ready to face it, the trepidation was still there. But she wanted to overcome that horror.