71

"Thankyou", Ishika mumbled pulling herself back, as she realised the unusual closeness between them. Saying that she was uncomfortable, may be not, yet the closeness bothered her.

"Its okay", Rachit smiled straightening himself as he sensed her discomfort. He was hurt with the thought, of probably making her uncomfortable when all he wanted was to comfort her. Shrugging that thought away, he offered "Main drop kar dun office?"

"N..nahi, its okay main chali jaungi", she fumbled on her words, so not her. She has always been this outspoken and loud, and anyone hardly had the charm to make her stutter.

"Are main bhi toh wahi jaaunga, I mean that way, toh I will drop you ismein kya ho jaaega...get ready I am waiting", refuting her words, he insisted. She sighed and agreed has he says, unwillingly or may be not so.

Though she was tired and had all the reason to not go to office, her reason to go superseded it. The empty home running to bite her was enough to make her run on her heels. Rachit has been observing her, and he could sense the gloominess around her, and as she cried proved it. And so he wanted to company her, and not let her be alone. Though, according to him, he was just being a good friend and there was nothing more to this ordeal. Standing with your friend and being a part of their lows, that's what friends do, he reasoned his acts.

*****************************

"Sidharth, main kuch dino ke liye NGO jaa rhi hun, ab yeh teri zimmedari hai ki tu dhyaan rkh Sana ka", Maa informed them, as they gathered in the living area for a family get-together. Hearing Maa, Sana's face fell. She wanted her to be around to channel the strength as she did for Sidharth when he was alone. It wasn't a complain or neither was she jealous of the fact that she was supportive to Sidharth and not her. She can never complain for that. For a fact, she has always loved her, much more than Sidharth at times. It was her who gave her the light to what love of a mother was, and how a mother loved her child, selflessly, sacrificing so many things on the way to their growing up, and even after they are grown up, when they think themselves as the only manifestation of the righteous and no one else, when they spew out the bitter words, that slice open the heart of a mother, when they are rude to her, yet see returns them with love, when the child believe that its their mother who doesn't love them and everyone else, unware that no one loves a child more than a mother does, absolutely no one.

Today when she was standing at double edged fence, she wanted her to guide her to face the grief, or at least be with her. "Sana, kaam hai beta jaruri nahi hota toh main nahi jaati", placing her hand on hers, Maa assured her. Sensing the emotions of a mother was only possible by another. Only the thought of what Sana has been through shuddered her, and for a fact she also was aware that had she been in her place, she might have broken to the extent of no return whereas she was trying, trying to normalize herself, to come to the terms of life.

"Koi baat nahi Maa, aap jaaiye. I will miss you", Sana hugged her, while Maa patted her back. She was understanding.

"Maa aap aram se jaao, main hun yahan...or waise bhi yeh toh hai hi nautanki", Sidharth teased Sana, poking his finger in her cheeks.

"Sidharth", Maa and Sana said in unison. He retreated instantly and and stuck his tongue out.

"Dekha Maa, aapne kha tha abhi isko, ki mera dhyaan rkhna par dekhiye aap" turning to Maa, she complained. Maa smiled as the gloominess was diffused with the little banter, just what he wanted.

"Sidharth, main bata rahi hun agar mujhe complain mili ek bhi teri, toh samjhana", Maa warned him leaving a wide smile on her face. They looked happy, at least the smile said so. The effort to smile and accept the unfateful night was still in process. Pain as such, was difficult to overcome, and what mattered was they were trying.