75

"I am not jealous, why will I be" packing her things Ishika blabbered. The thoughts that have kept her busy the whole day. The feelings were foriegn to her, an alien and dealing those unwelcomed emotions was raging her more and more every moment. Accepting her disliking to that moment was not an option, for that acceptance would lead to questions, answers to which will remain undiscovered. Her reaction to mere coffee irked her more. Coffee was not subject to her anger but he was, and she realized she missed a good coffee because of herself. Food was her true love and missing out on food or being angry to it was something she disliked. Ishika being Ishika. But along with coffee his face and words grabbed her time too, unlike every other time. A first again. She wasn't an emotional person atleast she liked to believe that, and the swarm of the all unaccustomed sensation and feelings ensnared her.

"Kuch bhi.....uske bolne se mein jealous ho jaaungi....nahi na or waise bhi mujhe kuch farq nahi padta I toh generally asked him.....phele kabhi dekha nahi tha toh pooch liya isme jealous hone jaisa kya hai.....pata nahi apne aapko kya smajhta hai. Mind reader toh hai nahi ki jo woh bole woh sch hi ho, par main yeh soch kyun rhi hun....waise bhi uski wajah se I lost my coffee...." she huffed, thinking about him. Oops coffee.

"Dimaag mat chala Ishika chal.." picking up her bag and checking last time if anything was left, she walked out biding bye to the colleagues present. A few of them were still working. Coming out with a growling stomach, the first thought that popped was to rush to a eatery nearby and gobble something and denied the next moment. It was already late, and she wasn't a fan of the outside food. Homecooked food with her interpretation to every dish, a addition of an ingredient or two and removal of one or two while making it made food more tastier. And since the last few days she has been having a company as foodie as her. "Arghhhh, stop thinking about him" she chastised herself for thinking about him again, when all she was trying to do was to not think about him and the girl he was with, saying just a hello.

Taking out her phone she looked for a uber, and found none and decided to wait to see if she finds one to go back, and she mentally slapped herself for denying Sana. Rachit would probably be upset and might not want to her to be around, and since it was late he would have already left. Therefore, she was left with only one option, to wait for a cab to be available, just when she heard the honk.

"Yeh abhi bhi yahan" she looked at Rachit waiting in the car, unlike other days when he would walk with her. He was upset, she concluded. She looked at him and shook her head, denying help from him. He shrugged his shoulders and left.

"What the hell? Chala bhi gaya.....pata tha mujhe phele se hi aisa hi hai yeh....isko koi parwaah nahi hai meri bas ainvayi bolta hai" she scoffed seeing his car zoom off. Hasn't she denied for the help? Rachit stood at the side of the road watching her blabber all the beautiful words of her dictionary for him. He smiled, idiotically. "Cute hai yaar, par gussa thoda jyda aata hai", he muttered looking at her sitting in the car.

Time was running and there was still no sign of any cab. Denying him again felt a stupid decision. The tussle would have been tackled later, but the moment demanded for his help, because no matter what a women does, or how strong she is, the preying eyes always exist, to tear apart anyone they lay their eye on. She looked around and no signs of anyone, which scared her. She started walking in hope for some transport to take her home, and top to that she was starving. The last meal she had was breakfast, and the her dearest coffee was pushed away by her. Rachit was keeping an eye on her every move. Saying he wasn't hurt by the harsh words would be wrong. He was, especially because he was not at fault, bringing a coffee for someone couldn't be wrong. But he also couldn't leave her, no matter how much they might fight. He was her friend, and friends are there to stand for you and be there for you when you need them.