10

Sidharth was sweating out of nervousness that was eating him up every second. He kept pacing the corridor, with a frowned and feared face. He would have passed out any moment. He felt a shiver run down with the screams of the other wards, and no sounds from the room Sana was in was making him more worry. He wanted to be with her, but he knew he might weaken her. She is so strong, that he seeks strength from her. His nails, were unknowingly being bitteh by his teeth mercilessly.

"Sidharth bas kar beta, woh thik hai" Maa chided, seeing his nervousness.

"Maa woh thik hai na, use itna dard ho rha hai or main kuch nahi kar paa raha hun. Nine months Maa, she used to be pain at nights, but still she comforted me every night Maa, jab bhi main pareshaan hota tha she would just wrap me in her, or main ekdum perfect ho jaata tha par abhi main kuch bhi nahi kar paa raha hun", he by now had tears, tears of the pain his partner was in. It was so new for Maa to see Sidharth in tears. He never cried, he never let his vulnerability so open, but right now he was in pain for the who was lying in the room.

"Bacche, tu jaanta hai wo strong, par aaj teri baari hai strong reehne ki, haina", Maa comforted him, wiping away the tears. He was grateful to her, for being his mother, for enduring so much pain for him. A mother is the strongest person we have. A sudden sense of utmost respect knocked up in him for his mother. Not that he didn't respected her but seeing what a mother goes through increased that a thousand folds.

Taking her palm, which was resting on his face and kissing it he said "Thank you Maa, main janta hun ek thankyou se kuch nahi hoga, but still thankyou for giving me a life, and bearing so much pain for me, main shayad kabhi nahi kar paaunga jo aapne mere liye kya, and I am so sorry for being rude to you at times, I love you maa". Maa felt her throat choked with the emotions. She simply kissed his forehead. A simple I love you to your mother can light up her mood in just a blink of seconds. She is so selfless, that she only needs your love and nothing.

With the number of rounds he did, he would have travelled the whole city. He kept his eyes fixed on the door for someone to just come and tell him that everything was all right, that Sana was fine and that he was having a healthy baby. He was losing his strenghth. He wanted to see Sana now.

The sudden cries of baby that ringed in the hospital, made his every inch of the body bloom in happiness.
He was called in and his heart throbbed, with a new happiness, a happiness of being a father. He saw a exhausted Sana with eyes closed. Sweat beads rested on her forhead. He walked up to her and wiped away the sweat from the sleeves of his shirt, and kissed her forehead. She was shining like the morning sun, despite the fatigue and paleness. "I love you, baby" he whispered against her forehead. Her eyes fluttered before opening and her lips turned up as she saw him. Her hands came to rest on hia face. She can see the dried tears. She kissed his cheeks

"Hey"

"Hi, kaisi hai"

"Tu kaisa hai"

"Khush"

"Main bhi"

"waise its a boy" Sana disclosed with the broadest grin.

He pressed his lips on her. "I love you Sidharth" she just declared her love the nth time.

"Sir, your baby" the nurse came in with the little, soft baby wrapped in a blue cloth. He looked like a cotton ball. Sidharth's eyes twinkled with astonishment and adoration and love and everything beautiful.

"Here sir" the nurse forwarded the baby, but he didn't. He feared, to hold him. He was so small that he would not be able to hold him and might hurt him. His eyes automatically turned to Sana. She just smiled and blinked her eyes.

He held him and he felt himself become alive. He looked at him without a blink. He was in daze of happiness. He was happy, he was elated, he was nervous and he was in love with that little soul. He was just perfect and he looked just like Sana. Sana saw him with admiration. He will be the best father she knew, she knew by the way he held him and he saw him. His red lips, his chuby cheeks, his little fingers, everything seemed to be of Sana. He wriggled and Sidharth nervousness shot up. He didn't knew what was to be done. He nervously looked at Sana, and she smiled "kitna pyaara hai na Sidharth, iski aankhien bilkul teri jaisi hai pata hai".

He looked back at him and he was more in love than he was, as his small innocent eyes looked at him and his lips smiled. He promised himself that this smile will never fade.

"Hey superhero, main aapka papa hun" he cooed softly kissing his chubby cheeks. As if he understood what Sidharth said he placed his fist on his face. It was the best feeling. He was father now and he couldn't be more grateful.

The buzzing phone took his attention as his closed eyes opened to see it. "Maa" his screen flashed and he realized he needed her at the moment. Maa had been away since a year now and have engaged herself in social work. She made herself a part if an NGO. Even after lot of persuasion by Sidharth and Sana she was adamant and they unwillingy agreed to her demand. Being busy with her NGO she hardly used to get time to talk.

"Hello Maa" Sidharth answered

"Hello bachha, kaisa hai"

"Thik hun, aap thik ho"

"Han bachhe main thik. Tu thik hain na, teri awaaj se mujhe lag nahi rha hai ki tu thik hai, tera jhgda hua hai kya Sana se" Maa had been aware of the ongoing stiffness between the two, but never tried to intervene. It was a matter of husband and wife, and she believed they will come out of it stronger, better and more in love. She was not aware of what the reason was of the sudden strangeness between them. But all she wished was, they be happy and healthy.

"Kuch nahi hua maa, bas kaam ka stress hai or kuch nahi," he stated, not wanting to say the truth. It was painful.

"Siddharth,bache koi problem hai toh bata mujhe", Siddharth was fighting the tears, he did not want to stress Maa.

"Nahi....Maa, bas thoda sa pareshaan hun or kuch nahi or thoda tu tu main main toh hoti rehti hain na"

"Acha, thik hai dhyann rakh beta, or Reyansh kaisa hai, thik hai na woh, koi problem toh nahi hai an use, he is doing fine hai na?"

"Han Maa, but aaj almond kha liya toh allegric reaction ho gaya bas"

"Or tu ab bata raha hai, thik hai an who, main aayun"

"Nahi nahi maa, woh thik hai ab bilkul so rha hai" he refrained her from coming. He was not prepared to face her. Seeing her would break all his stance he has been putting on and he did not want that.

"Tu sure hai an Sidharth"

"Han Maa, chalo maa aap apna dhyaan rakho okay, mujhe kuch kam hai", and before Maa could speak further, he hung up and cried silently.

Where have they come in life? He asked himself and waited for a answer.

Pitah se hai naam tera
Pitah pehchaan teri
Jiye jis sahaare pe tu
Pitah se woh saans mili
Hai pitah, Rab tera

Ho Ishwar Allah, Jitne bhi Rab hain
Noor tera tujh mein hi sab hai

Rab hai hai
Tu hi sab hai hai
Rab hai hai
Tu hi sab hai

🌠🌠🌠🌠🌠🌠🌠🌠🌠🌠🌠🌠🌠🌠🌠🌠🌠🌠🌠🌠🌠🌠🌠🌠🌠🌠🌠🌠🌠🌠🌠🌠🌠🌠🌠🌠

Thank you for reading. Do vote and comment. Please do inline comments too. I love reading them. Congratulations on the 100 million guys. Keep loving and supporting.

Lots of love💗💗