83

29th November

Eight months, them being married again, and life felt better. The nights had been a less depressing and scary, the days have not felt like a burden where you had to just come out of the confines of your comfort and smile for the sake of it. No smile reaching the eyes and twinkling them, no words of appreciation soothing the heart, no season having any charm to lure one to come out of the four walls under the open sky, where even the bustling roads and unstopping traffic seemed better. Absolutely nothing enchanting, every food felt like an forced obligation to be gupled down the throat, just to keep moving with no motive, no end no start, a clueless life. But with someone, with a partner, everything remained the same but it was easier to pass through days and sleep through nights.

There was no day when Reyansh was not being missed. Almost two years, of him going away, and it felt like yesterday. The pain just as intense and excruciating, ripping the soul a thousand times, not finding him on the bed, jumping or rolling or even just sleeping. It was empty. Everything was colorless despite the blend of colors it had. It was a loss, that left the soul and heart in fragments, and such fragments where joining them back pained much more. It is harsh, the life, it's a bitch, a real bitch, but still its beautiful, and aesthetic. It gave them the most beautiful part of them, the most beautiful memories of him, to cherish and the most beautiful time with him. And they both believed he was their angel who had come to them for a reason to unveil further. The small and most beautiful angel.

Reyansh. Their entire world.

"Happiest Birthday mumma" she heard the most mellifluous voice of her husband, and as she opened her eyes, she saw Reyansh smiling at her. Magnificent and bright. Her hand reached out to him and to caress his face, to feel him close and real. To seek the wamrth of the that soul that had the power to unshackle all the worries, just with a hug. To brighten up her gloomiest day, and make her happy days, happier than she could think of, by just smiling at her, with the little white teeth.

Taking the picture out of his hold she hugged it close to her heart, and whispered "Thankyou baccha, Mumma misses you so much......." and kissed him again. It was her birthday, and birthdays are meant to be happy, and joyous. Only if he had been here, and surprise her with his efforts.

"Papa Mumma ko uthne mat dena" Reyansh instructed Sidharth. It was her 4th birthday with him. And every birthday of her was special, and it was the father-son who made it so. There were no lavish parties or a grand celebration. Sana never liked the idea of celebrating birthdays like that. She felt it to be a personal affair and only meant to be with her friends and family. Her family. Maa, Sidharth Reyansh and Ishika. That was all she needed to make her special day more special. Truely special.

"Okay captain" Sidharth saluted making Reyansh giggle and hush Sidharth for laughing loud.

"Papa sshhh.......don't laugh Mumma jaag jayenge"

"Main kab hasa" Sidharth asked perplexed. They sat in the living area, and Sidharth was watching him silently.

"Abhi....." he mentioned, and Sidharth just nodded saying a sorry for not laughing yet being caught laughing.

"Main kya karun baby" Sidharth asked a while later, sitting and watching him trying to draw something on the paper that was folded into a card.

"Aap bas Mumma ko uthne nahi dena, or.....you write something on this" pointing to the empty side, he demanded. "Nahi nahi ruko" he shrieked, and took back the card. Running to the study room he came back with another paper and gave it to Sidharth.
"Is par likho" he instructed. Sidharth chuckled at his antics.

"Us par kyun nahi" Sidharth asked taking the paper from his hands.

"kyunki aapki writing achi nahi hai......aap isko kharab kar doge" he stated, with a seriousness in his words. Sidharth had his eyes wide in shock. Till date he believed to have a decent handwriting, and he would have continued to belive that, had his son, this little boy, who was just 4 years, turning 5 soon, burst his bubble.