18

Death is a transition, we've known that for sometime. The individual, the personality and the memories die but the soul moves on. It seems so strange that humanity didn't understand the soul for so long, that like any other form of energy it cannot be created or destroyed. Our souls come from God and they return to Him, ready to be reborn.

This is inevitable. One has to leave and there is no other way. He also left them, to the other world, up with stars now being a star. His eyes that always twinkled, were silent, his voice was just a memory and his touch just lingered on the skin. He was not there. Their whole world shattered into million and zillions and trillions of pieces. It's like a void. A dark void. A never ending dark void that consumes everything, so you left feeling nothing. Empty. Nothing to subside your hollow soul that creeps in the shadows, away from any other human life because it's emptiness is so consuming it cannot bare to pretend that everything is okay. Nothing is okay! People walk around this earth each day and pretend that everything is okay, and it always will be. Why can't we all just admit that we are just hollow plastic dolls with a painted happy face revealing no guilt, sadness, emptiness - emotion.

"He left us", words that left Sidharth's mouth and were like a sword to his own soul. He looked at him on the bed. Him saying " Papa you can be strong drink bournvita" played in his head and his eyes watered. Sana was finding it so difficult to even breathe, to stand and even open her eyes. She closed her eyes, opened it, and again closed and opened it again hoping it to be a nightmare, that would end, but it was the reality, the most mournful reality.

"You killed him", Sidharth accused, "you did this, kyun nahi aayi tum when he was calling you, you did this, you did this", he ranted without looking at her. The sorrow, the pain he felt, left him with no ability to process things logically. Him asking for Sana everytime he wokeup from his unconscious state still echoed in his mind and he couldn't forget it. For him, she did it. Was it really her, NO. Was he also not responsible, NO. It was what was fated. It was how the stars were aligning for the two down there fighting for everything. For love, for life and now for a life with Reyansh who left them to world of stars.

He was suffocating in her presence. It wasn't anger, it was no misunderstanding but pain that had its birth from the loss they both were enduring.

"Just leave and never come back", Sidharth deadpanned, and this time she left, she left broken and dead, she left she had no reason to stay. No power in her, could hold her there to see her son dead. She wished to get her memory erased, she didn't want any memory of anyone. She left, with a stoic face, because the reason was dead.

........................................

Sidharth had been the most gentle and caring partner and a father. Seeing him angry was a rare sight. Reyansh was closest to him rather than Sana. He would draw on him, he would paint him, he would put Sana's makeup on him and Sidharth would lovingly take everything on him. Sidharth would chastise Sana at times when she would scold Reyansh.

But since the time Reyansh has turned four, he has been behaving very weird. Being angry or shouting was his second nature, although it never came to Reyansh. Sana was noticing the change in him and it was troubling her snaity to see him blue and cantankerous.

Him being detached and different was widening the distance. Sana let him be, and gave him complete space to sort himself, but things took a bitter turn when he almost raised his hands on Reyansh, for the few drops of water he splashed on him.

The way he behaved with Reyansh, furiated Sana, and it ended up with them in arguments.

The way Sidharth exploded on Reyansh, left him terror- stricken and numb.