49

Sidharth held her hand, and walked with her, to the table that sat, beautifully in the canopy, with all scrumptious food. The candle lamp lit path, he wished would take them to the brighter future, with both of them in it, together. The thought warmed his soul, and the hold on her hand became firm. To never let it go.

He pulled a chair for her to sit, and himself sat across her. He looked at her, she still had the moisture in her eyes, and they were little red too, but the shine on her face, with the moonlight sprinkling its light, illuminating her features more...he sighed at how aesthetic she was looking. Though he never praised her today, but the flowy turquoise blue dress, that she had on, the hairs set up in a bun, sparkling studs that sat on her ears like the stars, the lightest touch of pink pigment on her cheeks, those pink tinted lips...she looked beautiful. BEAUTIFUL. He don't know if she was the prettiest in the world or not, but in his world she is, and will remain.

The bustling wind, swishing, with a gentle caress on their skin. The gurgling water, that rose and fell. The moon, peeped time and again, being playful. Stars twinkling like the sparkles enhancing the beauty.

"Sana" Sidharth began, head lowered. Sana hummed and looked at him, there was something more to come, she read on the face. It was speaking volumes. She crossed her fingers, hoping to not go the way, they have come from, to not ruin this night. She was not ready yet, and may be can never be.

"Sana.........I...um......I am sorry Sana" he said apologizing for everything, and understood that an apology will not mend everything, nor will it give them the lost time. But it will definitely start something beautiful. Something for the better. Sana instantly closed her eyes, wincing as the pain of the past shot in. She did not want this, not now and may be never. She has never been good with confrontation, and she feared this. Sidharth was fidgeting with the fork in his hand, contemplating her reaction, her outburst, her breakdown, her screaming, her crying, her anything, but a reaction out of her. He would be distressed and culpable if she do not react. Something was needed out of her. With the time he has spent with her, now, and back then, understanding her he knew she would have never let her plights to others, whosoever be it. She hates doing things, where she would see sympathy for herself. She is not weak to be sympathized, and the pain she experienced, can not be empathized.

"Sidharth, please let....",

"Please Sana," Sidharth cut her off. The courage he has mustered all day long, and from days that went by, if stopped today, he may fail to do that ever, and the baggage that he was carrying, it was heavy to carry life long. For what he wanted, the past was needed to be left in past, and not to be dragged along, to taint the future too.

"Let me say it sweetheart, what I wish to do today, I don't want to take these bitter memories along", Sidharth whisphered, shifting his chair to beside her. Shivering he held her hand, and rubbed them, to tame his shooting anxieties.

"Sidharth, it's such a beautiful moment, please lets not talk about it", and a sob left her lips. She was scared, of loosing everything again. The inbuilt trust for him was firm, but it would be lie if she says that for herself. She doubted herself, in that moment. The fear of having the tolerance to bear it shook her, dangerously.

"Sana, baby listen to me....look here", holding her very tenderly, just like the petals of the flower, if held tightly, they might fall apart, he made her look at himself. He needs to seek the strength, that was fluttering like the last leaf on the tree, in the storm, threatened to be separated from the tree. Her eyes, held the same fear as his. Pulling her face closer, he pressed his lips to her forehead, longer than usual.

"Main nahi chahta hun ki hum, Humesha is dukh ko apne saath rakhe. Sana yeh impprtant hai, for us", he comforted her, but still her heart was not prepared. She harshly pulled back her hand and stood up, leaving him in shock. He was quick to recover, and he was understanding her, Standing behind her, he pulled her by her shoulders letting her rest on him, his hand enveloped her, holding her at the waist, while the other wrapped around her shoulder. "Please, Sana let me", he begged and she sighed, as the tears finally rolled down.