57

"Good morning Maa", Sidharth wished as he walked down the stairs, with a gaiety and cheerfulness. For the longest time, Maa had seen him come down suited up, with the stern face, and a smile that always stayed there, but never reached his eyes.

"Good morning beta", Maa greeted him with a hand that rested on his forehead, blessing him all the happiness in the world. "Aaja baith, bata kya kahaega naste mein, or aaj office nahi jaa rha hai?", Maa asked seating on the chair, noticing him in casauls,

"Nahi Maa, aaj maine kaam se chutti li hai",

"Are Maaji, aap bhi kaise sawaal poochti hein...ab toh bhaiya ka kaam bas ek hi, woh hai Sana didi.....aap toh bhul jaati hai, bhaiya shaadi karne waale hai, toh thodi harkatien toh karenge na...", Usha didi let out a hearty laugh joined by maa, and a flushed Sidharth. The garrulous nature of Usha didi at time have lend him into a flustering situation, and leave him all red. Maa's assent to Usha didi followed by a resonating laughter, left him with more heated cheeks. Pretending to ignore the ongoing confabulation, he emerged himself in the newspaper sipping into the black beverage.

Recovring from the laughter fit, Usha didi turned back to the kitchen. Maa smiled at Sidharth's efforts, to hide his blushing face behind the newpaper. Taking the newspaper from him, she held his palm between hers and with a seriousness she explained him certain things which were the assets she owns from her life of 70 years, "Sidharth, bas kar ja, ab itna bhi kya sharma raha hai," she diffused the flustered air, and continued "beta meri ek baat sun.....tum logo ne jo decision liya main smajahti hun kaafi kuch soch samajh ke liya hai, jaanti hun tum dono samjhdaar ho par shayad rishton ko smajahne mein kahi chuk gaye..kon galat hai kon sahi, woh baat hi alag hai, kyunki main jahan tak samajhti hun galtiyaan dono ki thi....or tum dono is baat ko samjhte ho....bas main yeh khena chahti hun, lado, jahgado kuch bhi karo par, jab saath dena ka wada kiya hai toh nibhao, zindagi sabko dusra mauka nahi deti, tujhe diya hai....toh isko sahi se apna......jo tum dono khoya hai, woh koi wapas nahi kar skta, or woh jo dukh hai shayad kabhi nahi jaaega...par apne aap ko us dard mein...us kami meim reh kar bilkul khatam mat karo....Reyansh ko hum wapas nahi laa sakte hein.......par beta uske pyaar ke saath aage badho, apni khusiyon mein use hissa banao, naaki raaton mein akele dukh mein, dekh hai maine tujhe use baat krte hue, uske bina kuch bhi phele jaisa nahi ho skta, maanti hun mein, or main bas yeh chahti hun ki uski ek tasvir tumhare chehre par muskaan laaye aansun nahi.....main toh bas yahi chahti hun ki tum dono khub khush raho, haste hue raho or pyaar se raho"

Sidhrath grabbed each word that left her lips, and understood the depth of each word. She was right. Realtionship are easy to break. Its easy to blame the other for the failure for the fall out. It's always easy to chose own path, and decide to walk alone. Fighting is easy with the other and this brings the ego in play. Seeing the crack it crawls in and build the wall bit by bit, pushing each other far away. Saying a sorry, accepting a sorry becomes a question to the ego, in the cover of self respect. And always preferring easy over the effort we prioritise the beast- ego. But what we need is to hold on to the relationship, fight but do not let the ego, get space to crawl in, fight for each other, rather to each other. Belive in the belief you have put once, in the person. Let the blame game be diminished, and we correct ourselves and each other too. Instead of going on the opposite paths, fighting the heart, and following the mind, hold hands and walk the same lane discovering more of us, still being I and you. Life is unpredictable, love and spread love. Be with the one you love, sidelining all the beast and demons that dared to sit in your room, and which made you break your heart.

With all that transpired in his life, was a learning from him. He has understood that such bonds, they are not meant to be broken so brutally at a vulnerable phase of their lives. And all this has made him relaized the love that he has in heart, when he decided to not let those pseudo walls break. But this part of him was never closed off, for her, for love, for companionship, from loving and for being loved.