33

Love can be painful at times, it can break us too, when the love we have for someone is not mirrored the way we want it to. Being in the fear of not getting the nurturing, the care and the affection from the one you wish to love, protect and the care for them, and this where the pain arises. Although how hard one may try, some moments break the strong exterior we carry with ourselves. The tears which we fight back, trying the best of our abilities to smile, fails, and the question that comes with the failute can't be explained. People deny to understand it, and the explanation done is just found in crashes.

Rachit was the same today. He was disheartened at the reality. The shine that stays aloof to Sana was bright like stars when she talked about Sidharth. Love does this. It was powerful and vitalizing. It did wonders, and there was no denial to it. But it has pricked his heart. He wasn't able to cope up with this heartbreak. But was it really a heartbreak? The feelings were so new to understand, and to early to give them any name. He liked her, but coining it love was that right he was unknown to it. He didn't know if it was heart break or not, but all he knew was didn't like what he was feeling.

Sidharth has always been loathed by him with passion, but Sana being all submitted to him, and the way she talked about him as made him question himself. He has always blamed Sidharth for something that Sidharth was not culpable of.

************

Sidharth's father Mr. Anish Shukla and Rachit's father Mr. Abhimanyu Singh Rathore were business partners. With each other's support they were able to stand up a big empire for themselves and their children. But Abhimanyu was being offered better by the outsiders which lured him to them, and he was soon embezzling his own hard earned. Anish noticed him being inattentive and sometimes disturbed with things, and when he asked him the reason, he made a unreasonable demand, either to give him 60% of shares of to go the illicit way and start dealing in the prohibited stuffs. And his both demands were nulled. Abhimanyu was infuriated at this, so he walked out of the partnership and joined the black marketing. He was making huge money, but decline was no far. When the adverse hit him, he gave up and hung himself leaving the 13-year-old Rachit and her mother to fight the beasts alone.

Seeing his father hanging was the worst memory which he still holds in his heart, and the culprit for his miserable state, back then was Anish, and now Sidharth.

***************

Although Sidharth was unaware of all these things. Rachit hated him for a deed of his own father, for something he has no connection to, for something Sidharth was not even known to. This is how we work. We develop a concept from one person and connect it to the whole community he belongs to. Was this even justified. Sidharth wasn't involved, nor was his father and Rachit blaming them was all his assumption.

The way Sana talked about Sidharth to him, made him questions his perception about Sidharth, for he knew the one Sana will love would be one in a billion. The running thoughts, them colliding with his pre notions were hammering his head. The glass of alcohol he was downing to help himself was making it turn worse. He threw away the glass shattering it and laid down submitting himself to the world of dreams.

*************

Waking up groggily, with face scrunched in an annoyance, due to the continuous buzzing phone that laid on the table beside her bed, she received the call, not having much, to look at the caller.

"Hello" she grumbled still in daze and yawning. Her bile rose as no reply came. A morning like this, and the day is ruined. "Hello" she spoke again, angrily.

"Good morning" she heard from the other end, and her eyes shot open wide in amusement. She detached the phone from her ear, only to find the same unknown number she got few days back. Not relying on her ears and what they heard in her sleep she whispered again "hello"