21

Children are the heritage of God. Childhood is most tender age and a crucial phase of one's life. They are in need of care and required to be nurtured. They need love, they need warmth and care. But some turn to be misfortune, that they are deprived of this love and are left alone in the world to fight for themselves. The parental love is taken away cruelly from them by the life. Some are so small to even understand their deprivation. They don't understand things. Some aren't old enough, but are mature to understand life. The saying goes 'Maturity is not from age but from experience is justified.

"The Paradise" was one such home for the forgotten children. It was in every sense a paradise, with the little angels of God, running in it, playing in it and making a brick and concrete building lively and home-like.

After being shut out from the world for almost 7-8 months, and bawling her eyes out, with the grief of the child, she couldn't protect, whom she promised a shield of protection in her, since he was in her womb, but failed miserably at it. The moment when he was in need of her, she was not there, and the repentance will sustain. Every effort that Ishika made for her, to take her out of the paralytic life, failed miserably. All her words fell on deaf ears, but one day she forcefully pulled her out to this home, this 'paradise'.

One evening, returning from work, Ishika discovered the paradise, and she knew that Sana can deny any place but not this. The orphanage connected her, with itself profoundly and beautifully, and she found her son in them, and also both the girls have been in one, they knew the drill of these places. If some are good and have warmth in it, some are just dysfunctional building of children and a hitler genre specimen, ordering the children to work for him and according to him, as the owner, in the name of orphanage.

When Sana was told about paradise her eyes glistened, as her heart traced the memories of Reyansh. When she set her foot in the orphanage for the first time, she felt the soul stirring seeing, the children. In every face she tried tracing his one glance. Seeing a new entity, many surrounded her with the enthusiasm, this life have made them learn. Her lips turned uo seeing them. Being with them, made her feel the connection to Reyansh, who was in a world, which is unknown. The place made her feel at home and no more a forlorn. Leaving in an orphanage had made her crave for a family more than anything and she was grateful to the lord, to have Ishika since she has started understanding things and is with her at the time when anything hardly means to her. She knew how one can feel lonely at times even when you are surrounded by so many. Ishika was so loving, and supporting, she saw every fallout she had, and still stood besides her as rock, backing her at every weak moment.

"Sana didi aayi hai, Sana didi aayi hain", Pihu, a eight year, shrieked in thrill. Sana and Ishika chuckled at the over excited kids that came running to them, pouncing on them and trapping them in their affection. Sana's heart plummeted painfully, as those little arms curled around her.

"Aaj pizza party" Ishika annouced struggling out of the hold, while Sana still stayed wrapped by them. They were no less than strangers, they weren't connected by blood but the love and fondness between them, out stood any form of love.

"Sana didi, dekho maine nails color kiya" Ritika flaunted her painted nails. All the nails were painted in a different colour just like the rainbow. Beautiful. It wasn't like the perfect nails, like the manicured one looks, but they looked extremely beautiful resting at the end of those small fingers.

"Kitna pyaara, mujhe bhi lgao" Sana requested kissing her, and Ritika was quick, on her way to get Sana's nails painted.

****************
"Mumma yeh kya hai," the little inquisitive Reyansh asked, picking the last item that was left for him to know. The colourful bottles fantasied him, and he grew imapatient to now all about it.